Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Wheels
ant

RE: Wheels

I've gone for style 4 - 19" 6 spoke on a Firenze Red 5 door. IMO the best of the choices. Wouldn't go for 20" due to ease of kerbing - 19" seems to be the best for RRE and RRS. Just my 2p worth (or 47k to be more accurate!!!!
The style 4 wheels are a cheaper option than the standard 19" Prestige wheels, but LR do not give a refund - it's just a nco. Rolling Eyes
AntCool

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
05-06-2011 08:26pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Alex

(05-06-2011 03:04pm)bluebear Wrote:  I was at Manchester yesterday, good show and the cars looked great. I originally had the style 3 as per the style upgrade on the Pure coupe but have just e-mailed the dealer and changed to the 5. Made a few other changes as well. Must be driving him mad!

I have placed my order and I'm too going to contact my dealer to make another change. I'm sure this is happening a lot, but to be fair the car has not been readily available to view and information is still somewhat poor or here say. So I imagine this is happening with every dealer (just wish I knew when the cut off point is).

I initially choose Style 7 (chrome shadow) alloys for my Dynamic (5-door White), but I have never seen them in the flesh. When I was at the NEC event I spoke to two engineers including the guy that designed the alloys and of all the range they have designed they all said the chrome shadow was their favourite. I made my decision based on their enthusiasm during the discussion. Also the alloys were only available to Dynamic orders meaning they were more unique as Style 6 is upgradeable on Pure and Prestige.

However based on the attached photo in this thread and comments it was good to see them in daylight conditions (thanks!). I agree with some of the comments that chrome shadow alloys would look better if the colour was more aligned to the front lower silver/grey part of the bumper. Where as the silver alloys do not appear to challenge the overall trim, bumper or body colour. Plus never thought about it but the chrome shadow sort of looked like a dirtier version of the silver alloys.

So I'm now returning back to default style 6 on my Dynamic.

By the way at one of the shows I measured the profile hieght between the Prestige 19" and Dynamic 20":
20"- 7cm
19"- 9cm

Lastly to be fair comments regarding 20" being curb magnets - I guess depends on what measures you take when parking, as I have seen just as much damage on 19", 18" and 17" wheels.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
06-06-2011 07:35am
Blackseries

(06-06-2011 07:35am)Alex Wrote:  Lastly to be fair comments regarding 20" being curb magnets - I guess depends on what measures you take when parking, as I have seen just as much damage on 19", 18" and 17" wheels.

That’s why I choose the surround camera. I intend to use it every time I park......

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
06-06-2011 09:26am