Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wheels / Paintwork / Gap Insurance options?
mark_n

RE: Wheels / Paintwork / Gap Insurance options?

When I collected my car, the salesman "handed me over" to the dealer principal who talked about 4 offerings before I pressed his stop button and told him I didn't do any of that. He was a bit crestfallen so we talked about the weather for 30 seconds and I left.

As Straydox says, GAP policies exclude theft using the keys which I think is the main reason to suffer a total loss. Of course, your new pride and joy may be a total loss in an accident but you would be lucky to be alive. The best thing you can do to avoid a total loss is look after your car keys and not put them down on a table where they can be retrieved with a wire coat hanger through the letter box.

By self-insuring, you take back control of your life - no more extended warranties, travel insurance, health insurance, payment protection insurance, life insurance, pet insurance, dental insurance and the rest, just a pot of money kept aside which you can use to pay for things when they go wrong. Of course, you have to cover the biggest risks and where insurance is required but everything else just plays to your anxieties.

If you want to give your new car a treat, give it a thorough wash and something like Autoglym every 6 months but don't become obsessional about detailing you car - life's too short. Which reminds me, mine is absolutely filthy after some fun driving yesterday. Today, I'm swapping the carpet mats for the rubber ones, much better for winter, and it's out with the jet wash.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
17-12-2011 07:30am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
marktikolo
Banned

RE: Wheels / Paintwork / Gap Insurance options?

Rang my allowance aggregation and they accommodate 100% awning in aboriginal year so accept not taken GAP. So if car is accounting off they will accommodate me with a new one.I did get a adduce off Kam's ? aggregation and it was about £160 for £25,000 cover.
20-12-2011 06:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply