Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wheel spacers and lowering
LG8340

Wheel spacers and lowering

I'm seriously considering adding 25mm wheel spacers all round an o/a increase of 50mm.

Can anyone recommend a supplier and/or give reasons why I should refrain from this mod. which I think will give the Prestige a prancing and menacing look.

Any views also about lowering? Will it improve road holding. I only drive around London so road holding is clearly VERY important HaH! Will it affect my insurance etc?

SD4 Prestige / 5 Door / Fuji White / Tech Pack / Tan - Ivory interior / 22" rims / bonnet vents /
rear camera / park assist / pano roof / privacy glass / front parking sensors
30-08-2012 01:45pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Griff449

RE: Wheel spacers and lowering

Any declared mod will affect your insurance.........

Not much point getting it lowered really unless you think it would look better. Might depend on what size wheel you have as well

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
(This post was last modified: 30-08-2012 05:59pm by Griff449.)
30-08-2012 05:58pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lone Rangerover

(30-08-2012 01:45pm)LG8340 Wrote:  I'm seriously considering adding 25mm wheel spacers all round an o/a increase of 50mm.

Can anyone recommend a supplier and/or give reasons why I should refrain from this mod. which I think will give the Prestige a prancing and menacing look.

Any views also about lowering? Will it improve road holding. I only drive around London so road holding is clearly VERY important HaH! Will it affect my insurance etc?

I'm sure you're going to get various responses to the effect of saying " Land Rover is god don't mess with anything that they've made don't change anything". I disagree

Spacers definitely take away the "fat lady on a bicycle" look that the large fenders of the evoque and relatively conservative offset that the production evoque has from the factory. Interestingly enough the concept evoque / LRX did not have this problem.

When asked my service manager and the Land Rover folks at my dealership as to why it was changed on the production model, he told me that it's because Land Rover sells a lot of range rovers to the soccer mom crowd who will do nothing but complain when they constantly curb their wheels as a result of them being out further than the way the production model has them. So Land Rover - in its infinite wisdom - to ensure strong results on the consumer surveys solves this problem by putting the wheels all the way in side the fender well. And lo and behold those of us who really admired and loved the aesthetics of the original concept LRX vehicle are left with the "fat lady riding a bicycle" look.

A word of caution though if you are going to get spacers. Make sure they are hubcentric, and come with wheel bolts of the appropriate length. If you want it to look subtle - I would not go much past 25 mm. Stick to between 20 and 25 mm.
(This post was last modified: 30-08-2012 09:46pm by Lone Rangerover.)
30-08-2012 09:41pm
jos

(30-08-2012 09:41pm)Lone Rangerover Wrote:  I'm sure you're going to get various responses to the effect of saying " Land Rover is god don't mess with anything that they've made don't change anything". I disagree

Spacers definitely take away the "fat lady on a bicycle" look that the large fenders of the evoque and relatively conservative offset that the production evoque has from the factory. Interestingly enough the concept evoque / LRX did not have this problem.

When asked my service manager and the Land Rover folks at my dealership as to why it was changed on the production model, he told me that it's because Land Rover sells a lot of range rovers to the soccer mom crowd who will do nothing but complain when they constantly curb their wheels as a result of them being out further than the way the production model has them. So Land Rover - in its infinite wisdom - to ensure strong results on the consumer surveys solves this problem by putting the wheels all the way in side the fender well. And lo and behold those of us who really admired and loved the aesthetics of the original concept LRX vehicle are left with the "fat lady riding a bicycle" look.

A word of caution though if you are going to get spacers. Make sure they are hubcentric, and come with wheel bolts of the appropriate length. If you want it to look subtle - I would not go much past 25 mm. Stick to between 20 and 25 mm.

i did the +20mm spacers at each wheel
(+-/_ 3cm lowering !! H&R)
and i drove already 8000km with it

the designoptic is far much better !

ORDER16-09/2011>DEL; 27-01/2012

eD4-PURE fuji /black int./coup
pano-roof/techPACK > done !;painted wheels
3cm lowering/2cm spacers ; ROOFwrap
already > 52.000 km drive ; average;1lit/14km
ré-painted bumperparts and mirrors

4 y.TT mk1
2 y.MINIc-S
4 y.TT mk2
1 yr mini CM;
so i fit exactly in de evoque-profile...
2015 > TTmk3......?
31-08-2012 09:08am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lone Rangerover

(31-08-2012 09:08am)jos Wrote:  i did the +20mm spacers at each wheel
(+-/_ 3cm lowering !! H&R)
and i drove already 8000km with it

the designoptic is far much better !

Can you post some pictures of your evoque ? Would love to see what it looks like with your modifications.
31-08-2012 07:13pm
cjfp

I have added 20mm F&R to each side - makes it fill the arches better. Have posted photos below but not sure how much they show as oppossed to seeing them in the flesh :-

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
29-01-2013 03:19pm
ducatismo

The H&R website doesn't have the 20mm listed. is there a part number? Thx
12-09-2014 08:53pm
Nickj

Sorry to dig up old post but anyone any recent reviews on spacers. Links to best buys etc. what size have you gone for?

Thinking mine needs some widening up!

[Image: B12CBC3F-EA0E-4CB8-8CAB-5385D715A51A.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2015 09:33pm by Nickj.)
06-06-2015 09:32pm