• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wheel Cleaning Off Car
QUEEVO

RE: Wheel Cleaning Off Car

sparkling...? looks brand new...!

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
14-06-2012 08:05am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kimv

(07-06-2012 09:25am)doug Wrote:  Iron X & Tar X, as long as there fully washed off & dryed afterward & then wiped with IPA before treating with C5.
This will keep your wheels tip top for up to two year (longer in your case as there only used in winter).
For the weekly clean, just use a non acid wheel cleaner like Chemical Guys rim & wheel gel & after a few months before washing give them a light spray with some Nano wheel cleaner, I use Wolfs Nano wheel cleaner which won't damage the C5 as Gtechinq is Nano also.

I've treated mine with C5 as well. Can I use Iron-X on them after or will that remove/degrade the C5?

Maybe some useful info: I've bought the smallest bottle of C5 and that was only just enough to do the fronts of 4 20" alloys. So if you plan on doing both sides I think it's better to take the bigger bottle...

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
14-06-2012 09:37am
vinda

Wheels look great. Doing mine once weather allows. Hope they turn out that's good
14-06-2012 10:10am
PhilSkill

(14-06-2012 09:37am)Kimv Wrote:  I've treated mine with C5 as well. Can I use Iron-X on them after or will that remove/degrade the C5?

Maybe some useful info: I've bought the smallest bottle of C5 and that was only just enough to do the fronts of 4 20" alloys. So if you plan on doing both sides I think it's better to take the bigger bottle...

I would have thought the Iron X might affect the C5 although it's supposed to be good for paintwork being ph neutral so maybe not, but to be honest I don't know, the Wolf product Doug mentions above looks like it acts as a wheel cleaner and a Nano surface top-up so I will probably go down that route until i'm ready to clean them all up fully again! Unless maybe Doug can advise on IronX and C5 treatment...

Interesting Kimv! I have the small bottle (I think) so will do the fronts first, 2 coats if possible! and may use up my AutoGlym Wheel Seal for the backs if that is the case! Thanks for the info save me getting half way through the job and have to buy more!

Thanks for the compliments everyone, I was surprised how sparkly the Style 4's actually are!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 14-06-2012 10:47am by PhilSkill.)
14-06-2012 10:46am
WB
WB

(14-06-2012 09:37am)Kimv Wrote:  I've treated mine with C5 as well. Can I use Iron-X on them after or will that remove/degrade the C5?

You've used too much. I did fronts and backs of 4 wheels with less than a bottle. A little C5 goes a very long way.
Check out the guides/videos on detailingworld.

I can't remember the answer on Iron-X after C5 but from my experience you shouldn't need it - just clean the wheels regularly with Gwash.
14-06-2012 11:02am
PhilSkill

Very useful Info here on All gTechniq products

gTechniq : how to apply

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
14-06-2012 11:27am
doug

Your question about using Iron X on a C5 treated wheel. Answer is that I dont know for sure, as I've never needed to do this. I would treat the wheels once a year with Iron X,Tar X,IPA etc.. Then treat with C5 which will last you a years worth of use. As I said before, just clean with soap & water & use Wolfs wheel cleaner on any baked on dirt.
If you do find that your wheels are in a bad way, you should have CLEANED THEM MORE OFFTEN Very Happy

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
14-06-2012 12:45pm
Kimv

Wheel Cleaning Off Car

(14-06-2012 11:02am)WB Wrote:  You've used too much. I did fronts and backs of 4 wheels with less than a bottle. A little C5 goes a very long way.
Check out the guides/videos on detailingworld.

I can't remember the answer on Iron-X after C5 but from my experience you shouldn't need it - just clean the wheels regularly with Gwash.

4 wheels, front and back with a 15ml bottle? Which size of wheels do you have?

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
14-06-2012 06:46pm
WB
WB

(14-06-2012 06:46pm)Kimv Wrote:  4 wheels, front and back with a 15ml bottle? Which size of wheels do you have?

19" wheels done off the car - actually it was a 25ml bottle but I used less than half of it. C5 spreads incredibly well but you have to get your prep right, spread it properly and not over apply.
14-06-2012 10:13pm
PhilSkill

I've now cleaned the wheels in the following way...

Wash.
Turtle wax ICE wheel cleaner. (like Iron X)
Dried.
De-Tarred with some old carplan tar remover inside and out.
Autoglym super resin light polish inside rims and outer surfaces (amazing what still came off).
Surfex HD wipe at 15% to remove polish and oils.
Wash and Dried
Touch up the odd stone chips.

Now they just require an IPA wipe and finally ready for the C5.

Unless anything else needed to prep the surfaces... Shocked

They do look stunning! but no intention of doing that again in a hurry! gTechniq better be worth it!

20-06-2012 10:51pm