Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wheel Bearing
shortnick

Wheel Bearing

Hi all. My Evoque has done just over 42000 miles but has developed a very worrying noise. It was a kind of low level grinding, like something rubbing, but not linked to speed, along with a throbbing which was linked to speed. In addition, there was a lot of 'clunkiness' (knocks, etc) being transmitted through the pedals. I took it into LR (I have an extended warranty) and they said that it is a worn offside front wheel bearing. It is being replaced in a week or so which should cure the problem. I will keep you posted whether it does, but in the meantime if anyone else has a similar noise, have LR check the bearings.
31-10-2017 01:03pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Wheel Bearing

Make sure that if it isn’t the bearing that they resolve the issue as it could be other things than a wheel bearing

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
31-10-2017 03:33pm
shortnick

RE: Wheel Bearing

Had the bearing replaced last week and all the noises have gone. I will keep an ear out for anything else, but it appears that if you are having the same problem as I had then a bearing replacement could be the solution.
20-11-2017 12:33pm