Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wheel Arch Liner
Evo-king

Wheel Arch Liner

Excuse the naivety, but I noticed today that the wheel arch liners appear to be made out of some type of recycled material and is fibrous, normally liners I've seen in the past have always been smooth plastic.

Anyone know the background to this, benefits or pitfalls, is this a Land Rover thing?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
01-05-2012 08:20pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
slee18

RE: Wheel Arch Liner

most high-end vehicles use that for sound insulation from the fender wells. works pretty good and easy to clean. my 2007 IS250 had it too and it felt like dense carpet. Havent felt up my evoques yet Smile

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
01-05-2012 09:09pm
Straydox

The mat like wheel arch liners were present in my last Audi A5, I think its part of the NVH -noise/vibration/harshness damping stuff - it seems to work though I wonder how effective it is once its covered in road crud a few thousand miles later...

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
01-05-2012 10:06pm
PhilSkill

My Mazda has this, was always wet, now it has rusty arches... Evil

But yes it's sound deadening and easy to fit/remove as it's flexible.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
01-05-2012 10:11pm
SiT

Agree with the others, had the same on previous Audi and Merc's though not sure on whether it is RR quality.
01-05-2012 10:20pm
Bodlyfunctions

In addition, I read somewhere about it being a recycled product. All part of reducing carbon foot prints and meeting the governments targets blah blah blah...
01-05-2012 10:37pm
Donny Dog

Ask yourself what's behind the felt liner though - nothing! That's all the wheel arches are made of!!
01-05-2012 11:10pm
Tony

(01-05-2012 10:06pm)Straydox Wrote:  The mat like wheel arch liners were present in my last Audi A5, I think its part of the NVH -noise/vibration/harshness damping stuff - it seems to work though I wonder how effective it is once its covered in road crud a few thousand miles later...

NVH - Noooooo has not stopped the rattles in mine! When I first spotted this I though a cheap garden centre hanging basket liner had got tangelled in there.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
01-05-2012 11:52pm
Straydox

(01-05-2012 11:52pm)Tony Wrote:  NVH - Noooooo has not stopped the rattles in mine! When I first spotted this I though a cheap garden centre hanging basket liner had got tangelled in there.

Demand a loan vehicle from the supplying dealer and let them keep it until they have fixed the rattles to your satisfaction. Simples.

There was JLR employee posting on here a while back 'Rattleman?' and he seemed to know where all known rattles and solutions were - JLR do know I'm sure, your dealer just has to ask the right questions.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
02-05-2012 12:11am
Tony

(02-05-2012 12:11am)Straydox Wrote:  Demand a loan vehicle from the supplying dealer and let them keep it until they have fixed the rattles to your satisfaction. Simples.

There was JLR employee posting on here a while back 'Rattleman?' and he seemed to know where all known rattles and solutions were - JLR do know I'm sure, your dealer just has to ask the right questions.

My nearest dealer is a 250 mile round trip, if they cannot find or fix the problem in a working day, it cost me a hotel bill or a return trip, so I am trying to identify the exact cause before I take it in. If I got a loan car then someone is no doubt going to be putting 500 abusive miles on my car over a week, plus I have to do another 250 miles to collect it IF its fixed. Would rather try and indentify the problem areas and then book it in for a fix. Not ideal but thats life in a remote area.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
02-05-2012 10:50am