Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Whats the best DIVX converter for video files
ytshome

Whats the best DIVX converter for video files

Hi there,

At the moment I'm try to put some films onto USB, so as to have something to watch in the car from time to time. The problem is that most of my films are either in avi file format or Ipad. Just wondering what you'd recommend for file conversion. The cheaper and easier to use the better as I'm no Tefal Scientist. Thanks in advance

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
02-10-2011 10:38pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Whats the best DIVX converter for video files

have you tried just loading them as avi?
divx uses the same method of file creation as avi, but in a much more highly compressed method.
Divx is also a brand, so I would be suprised if this was the sole supported format?!
03-10-2011 09:20am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vision*R

A very quick primer...

AVI is a "container" file i.e. it doesn't say anything about the codec (compression type) that is used to encode the video stream. Popular video codecs are MPEG, Intel Indeo and the more recent MPEG-4 (which includes MPEG-4 variants like DivX, XVid or H.264). So in fact "my files are avi" doesn't say anything about the video stream and will not tell you whether it can be played in the Evoque. The Evoque does read AVI but only when encoded with DivX v.3-6 and XVid.

I would suggest the free DVDx program: http://www.labdv.com/dvdx - especially the Open Edition is very userfriendly.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
03-10-2011 09:58am
ytshome

Thanks for that. I think I was simply trying too hard. Just transferred my avi /mpeg4 files and it works great. Thanks for the time taken to reply. YT

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
03-10-2011 09:55pm