Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WhatCar? Review
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: WhatCar? Review

Evoque has one advantage over all the competition.......................... they all look so drab against it

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
07-04-2011 10:36am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blackseries

(07-04-2011 10:36am)FullFatTim Wrote:  Evoque has one advantage over all the competition.......................... they all look so drab against it

If the Evoque hadn't come along I would have probably gone for a Q3 - but it would have been a distress purchase as that "same again" styling is really wearing very thin. No “surprise and delight” anywhere to be seen ..... ditto X1 and X3 (unless you count the almost wilfully offensive styling).

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2011 03:00pm by Blackseries.)
07-04-2011 11:01am
Blackseries

BTW just specced up a VW Tiguan (to get a feel for where the Audi Q3 will sit pricewise) to the same spec as my RRE and it came out at £36K ... (RRE £37.6k) OK you can get £3K discount on VW but still the Q3 is going to find it hard to be better value than a RRE. I'm rather shocked at the price of a Tiguan. Of course no one in their right mind would put full leather, Pano roof, Sat Nav, F&R PDC & Camera on a Tiguan but as someone who loves all that stuff it’s nice to have a car that I can put them on where their value wont evaporate overnight.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
07-04-2011 02:59pm
Kermit

Based on the grey plastic dash in the Tiguan and Q5, I can't imagine a Q3 having anything as stylish as the Evoque.
07-04-2011 03:07pm