Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WhatCar? Review
Blackseries

WhatCar? Review

A generally good review (damming with faint praise). No mention of fuel economy. .... and then a rather surprising 5*'s at the end.

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/range-ro...iew/258129

I would like to see a non UK review.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
13-07-2011 12:41pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Charlie
No Longer Registered

RE: WhatCar? Review

(13-07-2011 12:41pm)Blackseries Wrote:  A generally good review (damming with faint praise). No mention of fuel economy. .... and then a rather surprising 5*'s at the end.

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/range-ro...iew/258129

I would like to see a non UK review.

Cheers for posting these links. Are the online articles the same as the ones in the magazines or are they more comprehensive?
13-07-2011 01:10pm
Gorjan

About the interior:

"The materials are more Land Rover than Range Rover, but that's not to say the fascia doesn't feel premium. The dashboard top surfaces use a padded cloth, with contrast stitching; it looks luxurious enough to warrant the posher badge. Nastier, harder plastics are present - but in the most part they are restricted to elements that are out of everyday line of sight."

Freelander 2 has an interior which is far from being luxurious ... Not impressed.

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
13-07-2011 01:43pm
Blackseries

(13-07-2011 01:43pm)Gorjan Wrote:  About the interior:

"The materials are more Land Rover than Range Rover, but that's not to say the fascia doesn't feel premium. The dashboard top surfaces use a padded cloth, with contrast stitching; it looks luxurious enough to warrant the posher badge. Nastier, harder plastics are present - but in the most part they are restricted to elements that are out of everyday line of sight."

Freelander 2 has an interior which is far from being luxurious ... Not impressed.

I think they are talking more Discovery than Freelander here. However when reviewers have a Prestige there is nothing but praise for the interior (even if they think they are driving a Dynamic).

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
13-07-2011 01:55pm
vision*R

The materials were one of my main reasons to get the Prestige, so nothing new in the review.
That doesn't mean the Pure / Dynamic finishes are bad, not at all.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
13-07-2011 04:46pm
Blackseries

(13-07-2011 01:10pm)Charlie Wrote:  Are the online articles the same as the ones in the magazines or are they more comprehensive?

Usually less comprehensive. For example there is quite a bit of supplementary information in the Autocar magazine (sort of what you would expect really otherwise why buy the magazine) that’s not online - comparisons with the X3 for example. I must say the TG Magazine review despite its length really didn't tell me anything more than the program ..... again no fuel consumption figures that I could find.... so really so far only Autocar has done what I would consider a proper road test. Mind you Carbuyer showed you can drive over a speed bump at 30mph without spilling a drink – so AD has justified its existence in that one manoeuvre in my book.
BTW the "Compare 3 cars" section at WhatCar? has the Evoque ........ back again.

(This post was last modified: 14-07-2011 02:56pm by Blackseries.)
14-07-2011 02:21pm
vision*R

When I saw the trick with the cup, my first reaction was that it looked quite fake. Maybe it was just badly filmed / cut...

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
14-07-2011 03:22pm
Blackseries

A rather more in depth review from the site. Again all cars in the photos have 19" wheels - including the Dynamics. However it does mention that 20" wheels create more road noise in the review - so at least they have driven one with 20" wheels fitted.

http://www.whatcar.com/car-reviews/land-...ew/25963-3

15-07-2011 06:17pm
Gorjan

So they drove Dynamic. Probably with AD as it is standard in UK, still they say there is quite a body roll. The refinment is not geeat obviosly, having wind and road noise.

It would be nice to read some non UK review.

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
15-07-2011 06:32pm