Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What to replace the Evoque with?
recordman

RE: What to replace the Evoque with?

The Evoques that are around at the moment aren't disguised. Very likely though that they're testing new engines. I'll try and get some reg Nos, but it's not easy when I'm driving at the same time!
12-10-2013 05:28pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
scottie99

I have just replaced mine with an Audi A6 Quatttro.

I bought an ex demo with 3k miles which specc''d up around £47.4k. I realise new A6's can be bought with around £10k discount, but it cost me £5.8k to change my 2012 Pure ( with a lot of extras).

I think I got a good deal and enjoying a car that goes like sh**, is doing over 40 mpg and has no rattles!
16-10-2013 10:01am
Crabacle

That's the point - poor build quality, the mpg isn't a huge issue for a 4wd that's also one of the best off road cars around, but the build quality is.
I paid around £45k for mine with all of the bits added on, that's an enormous amount of money, and next week when I head up to Scotland fishing with my buddy I will have to drop the back seats to fit in all of the gear. If is was taking my Shogun (and don't even ask about mpg there) it would be plain sailing.
The point that I am trying to make is - the Evoque is a cross-over car, not big 4wd and not a saloon. To fit that bill it has to be special and quality. It's just not quality.

When I swap (which will be another 2 years off), it will be back for a big boy car (to be honest a used 'new' RR Sport would be good then, but I reckon that the build quality there too may be rubbish). And to be honest, what's a good car these days?
17-10-2013 07:29am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
heronb

Sorry I dont get that, the car hasn't shrunk since you had a test drive if its not big enough for you it's not the cars fault.
17-10-2013 04:37pm
speary

(17-10-2013 04:37pm)heronb Wrote:  Sorry I dont get that, the car hasn't shrunk since you had a test drive if its not big enough for you it's not the cars fault.

+1

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
18-10-2013 08:40am
scottie99

(17-10-2013 04:37pm)heronb Wrote:  Sorry I dont get that, the car hasn't shrunk since you had a test drive if its not big enough for you it's not the cars fault.
Your right, the car hasn't shrunk, but many of us original owners bought 'off plan' without seeing a physical car.

We didn't realise the boot would not be wide enough to take the golf clubs!
18-10-2013 09:49am
heronb

(18-10-2013 09:49am)scottie99 Wrote:  Your right, the car hasn't shrunk, but many of us original owners bought 'off plan' without seeing a physical car.

We didn't realise the boot would not be wide enough to take the golf clubs!

It is, I had mine in the boot yesterday with shoes, trolley etc.

Take your driver out of the bag, but the bag in with the base to the left and the clubs fit in preformed shape to the right then lay your driver on top. Easy really, and no it's not a lightweight bag.
18-10-2013 01:40pm