Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What to replace the Evoque with?
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

My Evoque is 18 months old and 15000 miles up. I'm starting to think about a replacement in the next 12 months but what to replace it with in a similar price range...............

a) Same again - New RRE Dynamic Coupe Plus Lux with a few extras, I love the car despite the shortcomings

b) New Disco4 HSE - can get one for not much more than a new Evoque after LR discounts

c) 2 years old 20,000 miler FFRR Autobiograpghy S/C or 4.4TDv8 of which there are several on the LR Approved Used website in contention, unfortunately they are Black which isn't a colour I would want but there is plenty of time for other colours to come up. Some poor soul has lost £40k in depreciation on an S/C FFRR in two years!

d) New preregistered with 50 miles on the odo Audi A6 Allroad which my local Audi dealership are offering with a heap of extras and £11000 discount on what they claim is a "cancelled" order

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
21-03-2013 11:43am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

RE: What to replace the Evoque with?

Mines getting replaced with a brand new skoda octavia vrs estate next week with the 170hp diesel engine, with a few options as well its a whole heap of car for 18k which includes 3 years servicing. I know there getting replaced soon but judging by the cost of the more basic new models its replacement is likely to be 25k plus.

The surplus cash from the sale of my evoque has gone off my mortgage already

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
21-03-2013 11:49am
IKM

Why not the outgoing RRS HSE at a heavily discounted price? I just need to find one myself first. Hopefully soon.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
21-03-2013 12:03pm
benzina

Or maybe E)....I have a feeling the next generation Freelander will be a special one, but it probably won't make your time frame , and i would still find it hard to resist the beautiful Evoque.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 21-03-2013 02:26pm by benzina.)
21-03-2013 12:17pm
Filski

I have a freelander (not the new one) as a loaner this weekend since the evoque didn't get a towbar in time for my race. It's a bit agricultural, the new freelander would need to be vast improvement to be considered. Very happy with the evoque, it's drawn a lot of comments in the carpark already.
21-03-2013 12:53pm
xxxx5

mine is going to be for sale next week, just putting the final touches on a deal for a new car for my wife.........
going back to a brand that cares for its customers........... (take note Range Rover!!)

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
(This post was last modified: 21-03-2013 01:44pm by xxxx5.)
21-03-2013 01:44pm
Kojak

I fear that Landrover have a big problem now in that Evoque buyers confidence is all but lost with such a wide spread range of issues.
I know the original post has another RRE on the short list but there are way too many dissatisfied folk on these forums.
Many are selling never to return...

Mines a day old...lovin' it

OUT - Pure SD4, Orkney Grey, 5 dr, Manual, Fogs, Xenons, Auto dim mirror, Auto lights / wipers, Power fold mirrors, spare wheel.
IN - Dynamic SD4, Indus Silver, 5 dr, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Auto Dim mirror, Spare wheel.
(This post was last modified: 21-03-2013 09:56pm by Kojak.)
21-03-2013 02:17pm
speary

(21-03-2013 02:17pm)Kojak Wrote:  I fear that Landrover have a big problem now in that Evoque buyers confidence is all but lost with such a wide spread range of issues.
I know the original post has another RRE on the short list but there are way too many dissatisfied folk on these forums.
Many are selling never to return...

Mines a say old...lovin' it

To be fair we members represent a very small proportion of all Evoque owners and Forum members tend to be more critical of faults, particularly minor ones. Not that these faults are acceptable.

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
21-03-2013 02:37pm
stiggy

(21-03-2013 02:37pm)speary Wrote:  To be fair we members represent a very small proportion of all Evoque owners and Forum members tend to be more critical of faults, particularly minor ones. Not that these faults are acceptable.

+1
Judging by the amount of Evoques on the road now (they all seem to be bloody OG as well) there are probably a lot of very happy owners out there. IMO people usually only use forums when they have a problem or a query and rarely when they are happy!

5 door Dynamic SD4, Orkney Grey, 20" shadow alloys, contast and pano roof, tints and 40 plus grand lighter!
21-03-2013 02:53pm
KaDargo

(21-03-2013 02:53pm)stiggy Wrote:  +1
Judging by the amount of Evoques on the road now (they all seem to be bloody OG as well) there are probably a lot of very happy owners out there. IMO people usually only use forums when they have a problem or a query and rarely when they are happy!

I am happier than Mr Happy on National Be Happy Day Very Happy (well almost - it is my first LR product and a giant step up on my previous Focus - I have a few small niggles which I would expect in any new car, but didn't realise Range Rovers aren't supposed to have them!)

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
21-03-2013 03:41pm