Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What's wrong with yours?
Stevemac1

RE: What's wrong with yours?

It's been a while now, but more issues have revealed themselves... A little update at 14k miles...

Battery not holding charge - 2overnight charges by dealer and finally a new battery.

Rear speaker came adrift causing a very annoying vibration behind the rear quarterpanel - dismantled and refitted

Alloy wheel replaced due to corrosion from under the surface

Door trim around window switches came adrift

And right now the car is in the workshop for investigations into a creak from inside the offside rear quarter panel. Chassis ears used to record the noise and sent off to LR tech guys...

I think my car must have actually fallen off the assembly line during construction, got all bent, and LR have just thrown it back on!!!

Perhaps Pete@Landrover can look back in the build history and give an explanation for so many faults....

Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe - Santorini black, 20" shadow cromes, privacy glass, pano roof. Cool complete with creaky tailgate and many rattles Mad
05-05-2015 12:12pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Samson

I sold my Evoque last month after 30 months of ownership - the shortest time I have ever held a car. I had numerous issues when I first purchased the car - quite appalling lack of quality control on JLR's part. Although these were eventually resolved it did not endear me to the brand. Combine that with poor fuel consumption (I averaged 27-28 mpg for combined driving) and in my view an engine that was simply more rough than smooth meant that by December of last year I had decided enough was enough and time to move on.

Don't get me wrong I had a courtesy Evoque recently with the new 9 speed gear box and the engine felt so much better, although the car too suffered from rattles). The car I had prior to my own Evoque was a XF and whilst the engine in that car was simply amazing the car was let down again by build quality and rattles - quite simply plastic bits should not be falling off the interior after 3 years (and that was with careful maintenance and care on my part).

So after my experience over the past 51/2 years I felt it was time for a break from the brand. Will I come back - may be but only if build quality improves. So JLR if you are reading this - sort it out!
05-05-2015 06:21pm
Wife's car

Just to balance things out, I have just replaced my Firenze red pure tech, it was two years old I have had it from new with not so much as a rattle or complaint. It would be hard to record any fault, the only problem I have had is that the steering wheel did not centre when car was driving straight from new, dealer realigned all wheels and no further problems. So there are great cars out there...oh yes I replaced it with a new Evoque and I am hoping for a further two years trouble free motoring.
05-05-2015 06:39pm
Tony

Just to re-balance, two Evoques, two rattle boxes.

Second one has been towed away twice with gearbox faults and I think its heading for a third tow away as its now flashing up 'Dynamic Systems Fault' 'Terrain Response Not Available'.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
05-05-2015 07:01pm
CRC@LandRover

Hi All,

I am sorry to hear that some of you have experienced concerns with your vehicles.

I can certainly appreciate that when purchasing a new vehicle, we would hope that new owners would not experience any concerns. However, where a concern is raised, Land Rover and myself are happy to provide assistance with resolving it. Additionally Land Rover provide a comprehensive 3 year / unlimited mileage warranty to address such concerns at any of our Land Rover approved retailers.

Should you experience a concern with your vehicle, I would always advise in the first instance raising this to your local Land Rover approved retailer and booking your vehicle in for assistance in resolving the concern.

If the concern is not resolved or you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me by PM with the nature of your concern, as well as your contact and vehicle details and I would be happy to assist.

Many thanks,
Pete

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
06-05-2015 08:44am
Tony

(06-05-2015 08:44am)Pete@LandRover Wrote:  Hi All,

I am sorry to hear that some of you have experienced concerns with your vehicles.

I can certainly appreciate that when purchasing a new vehicle, we would hope that new owners would not experience any concerns. However, where a concern is raised, Land Rover and myself are happy to provide assistance with resolving it. Additionally Land Rover provide a comprehensive 3 year / unlimited mileage warranty to address such concerns at any of our Land Rover approved retailers.

Should you experience a concern with your vehicle, I would always advise in the first instance raising this to your local Land Rover approved retailer and booking your vehicle in for assistance in resolving the concern.

If the concern is not resolved or you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me by PM with the nature of your concern, as well as your contact and vehicle details and I would be happy to assist.

Many thanks,
Pete

Thanks Pete.

Dealer is aware of the problem, suggesting it may be a sensor, wiring or software related. As I am waiting to go into hospital I currently cannot get the vehicle to the dealer, they are 125 miles away. If it fails on the roadside LRA will tow it away for the third time and hopefully with the three strikes rule it will be gone for good this time.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
06-05-2015 09:15am
Stevemac1

(06-05-2015 08:44am)Pete@LandRover Wrote:  Hi All,

Many thanks,
Pete

Thanks for your contribution to this thread Pete.
I have to say my local LR dealership have been more than happy to resolve all of my concerns, mostly without any problems although the tailgate issue did take a number of months to get resolved. By now they know my car inside out due to the sheer number of concerns raised under warranty.
My issue is how can a car be allowed to leave the production line with so many faults/issues/concerns, especially by a 'premium' manufacturer. Surely there has to be some final quality assurance check? A number of my concerns were obviously present from day1 (tailgate, dud battery, missing trim, wrongly fitted seat belts etc).
The whole experience has had a hugely negative effect on my ownership experience, which is a real shame because I love the car in its design and handling. It's been the manufacturing and QA processes which have let the side down big time.
I can't see me buying another LR vehicle again as I have spent too much time in and out of the workshop in this one.

Oh, and my latest issues in the offside rear quarter......a broken spot weld causing panel movement when the bodyshell flexes and a faulty door latch. Ho hum.

Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe - Santorini black, 20" shadow cromes, privacy glass, pano roof. Cool complete with creaky tailgate and many rattles Mad
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2015 12:41pm by Stevemac1.)
11-05-2015 12:32pm
CRC@LandRover

Hi All,

Thank you for the responses and as always, please do not hesitate to PM me should you need further assistance with a current concern.

Tony -
I appreciate that circumstances currently mean that you are unable to visit your Land Rover approved retailer to have the concern investigated. As you have advised, should the concern become apparent, please do not hesitate to contact LRA to attend the vehicle. Should you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to PM me.

Stevemac1 -
I can certainly appreciate your frustrations. We do have quality control checks in place both at the factory before the vehicle is released and also when the selling retailer receive the vehicle prior to customer handover, they are required to carry out an in depth inspection and check on the vehicle.
While we do hope that any potential concerns will be identified during this process, unfortunately there are times where concerns may take longer to become present. On these occasions Land Rover will always look to provide assistance and resolve the concern with a robust solution.

Note to all -
While I would hope that customers ownership experiences are a positive one, on the occasions where concerns are encountered I do hope that we are able to resolve them to your satisfaction. I am always willing to become involved and liaise both liaise with your retailer as well as ensure we as a company are providing all of the assistance and support that we are able to when concerns are raised.

Many thanks,
Pete

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2015 01:18pm by CRC@LandRover.)
11-05-2015 12:47pm
IvorRedOne

Just over 3 years and 16k miles and so far so good. Really happy with it.
11-05-2015 07:14pm
Evo-king

(11-05-2015 12:47pm)Pete@LandRover Wrote:  Hi All,

Thank you for the responses and as always, please do not hesitate to PM me should you need further assistance with a current concern.

Tony -
I appreciate that circumstances currently mean that you are unable to visit your Land Rover approved retailer to have the concern investigated. As you have advised, should the concern become apparent, please do not hesitate to contact LRA to attend the vehicle. Should you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to PM me.

Stevemac1 -
I can certainly appreciate your frustrations. We do have quality control checks in place both at the factory before the vehicle is released and also when the selling retailer receive the vehicle prior to customer handover, they are required to carry out an in depth inspection and check on the vehicle.
While we do hope that any potential concerns will be identified during this process, unfortunately there are times where concerns may take longer to become present. On these occasions Land Rover will always look to provide assistance and resolve the concern with a robust solution.

Note to all -
While I would hope that customers ownership experiences are a positive one, on the occasions where concerns are encountered I do hope that we are able to resolve them to your satisfaction. I am always willing to become involved and liaise both liaise with your retailer as well as ensure we as a company are providing all of the assistance and support that we are able to when concerns are raised.

Many thanks,
Pete

I can vouch for your efforts Pete, with our replacement car.

A problem on a car of this value requires sensitive handling by the Manufacturer and Dealer to maintain customer confidence.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
11-05-2015 09:51pm