Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What's wrong with yours?
SteppingOnLegoGrrrr

RE: What's wrong with yours?

Fault: NO WINDSCREEN WASHER FLUID SENSORS!!!!!!

Model: 2016 Autobiography (Dec 2016 delivery)

So, I have a car that I can start from an app on my phone on a cold winter morning to make sure it is nice and cosy; this helpful app also tells me the location of the car, and indicates fuel/fluid levels and other pieces of really useful information.

The car itself also tells me when a seatbelt isn't on, when a car is in close proximity, when the AdBlue level is low, when the fuel is less than 10% . . . . . BUT what it is is unable to tell me is when windscreen washer fluid level is low. The above mentioned useful app states the levels are fine (green tick).

The dealership have advised that because I didn't specify headlight washers (which don't appear to even be listed as an optional extra on the Land Rover site for the Autobiography model, and the model comes with Xenon lights as standard), the washer fluid bottle fitted doesn't actually have a sensor (which is a standard warning light on most cars, even those dating back 15+ years)!!! This/a dashboard warning was a standard feature on my previous Evoque Prestige, which was much more basic compared to the Autobiography.

They (the dealership) were apparantly unaware of this design flaw by Land Rover until recently when another customer with a high spec vehicle had queried the same perceived fault; the only advice they were able to provide was "you could check the levels each week" . . . . . ; without the lack of such a basic feature being explained pre-sale, and the fact that even the dealership didn't know of this issue, this seems a little like being asked to pay an awful lot of money for a pedigree dog which can cook and clean for me, and walk itself, yet I have to bark for it!!!
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2017 07:15pm by SteppingOnLegoGrrrr.)
01-06-2017 07:12pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CRC@LandRover

(01-06-2017 07:12pm)SteppingOnLegoGrrrr Wrote:  Fault: NO WINDSCREEN WASHER FLUID SENSORS!!!!!!

Model: 2016 Autobiography (Dec 2016 delivery)

So, I have a car that I can start from an app on my phone on a cold winter morning to make sure it is nice and cosy; this helpful app also tells me the location of the car, and indicates fuel/fluid levels and other pieces of really useful information.

The car itself also tells me when a seatbelt isn't on, when a car is in close proximity, when the AdBlue level is low, when the fuel is less than 10% . . . . . BUT what it is is unable to tell me is when windscreen washer fluid level is low. The above mentioned useful app states the levels are fine (green tick).

The dealership have advised that because I didn't specify headlight washers (which don't appear to even be listed as an optional extra on the Land Rover site for the Autobiography model, and the model comes with Xenon lights as standard), the washer fluid bottle fitted doesn't actually have a sensor (which is a standard warning light on most cars, even those dating back 15+ years)!!! This/a dashboard warning was a standard feature on my previous Evoque Prestige, which was much more basic compared to the Autobiography.

They (the dealership) were apparantly unaware of this design flaw by Land Rover until recently when another customer with a high spec vehicle had queried the same perceived fault; the only advice they were able to provide was "you could check the levels each week" . . . . . ; without the lack of such a basic feature being explained pre-sale, and the fact that even the dealership didn't know of this issue, this seems a little like being asked to pay an awful lot of money for a pedigree dog which can cook and clean for me, and walk itself, yet I have to bark for it!!!

Good morning SteppingOnLegoGrrrr,

Thank you for your post.

I am deeply sorry to learn of your concerns surrounding the features on your Range Rover Evoque. Please be assured however that this information has been fed back for internal review for future reference.

I appreciate the time taken for you to provide this to us, and should there be anything I can assist you with, please do not hesitate to PM me.

Thanks,
Amellia

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
05-06-2017 10:01am
Andy131

Ours is a 2014 Pure Tech.
I can live with the lack of toys - I did buy a base model, OK the lack of passenger seat height adjustment was an issue, but for half a days work and less than £200 was easily fixed. The lack of front fog lights will similarly be fixed.
But an engine/transmission mapping that leaves you stranded/exposed at junctions is not really acceptable.
It has been back to the dealers - "all the modern Land Rovers are like that sir" is both unacceptable and plain wrong.
Our old Freelander 2 had the same 2.2 engine, and was perfectly fine from the lights/junctions - OK it had the older 6 speed box, but it worked fine, so it must be the 9 speed box. The Disco Sport we had on loan was just as good as the Freelander. The Disco had the new 2.0 Ignium engine and the 9 speed box - so nothing wrong with the 9 speed box then.
I can live with things going wrong, they do, it's not that things go wrong, it's how it is subsequently dealt with that sorts the good customer experience from the poor ones.
05-06-2017 06:19pm