Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Thanks Lampost
stodman

Thanks Lampost

Had a small reversing incident today which resulted in a cracked lens in the drivers side rear light (the small red one) - see pic with red circle (this is not my car just an example pic). Does anyone know the part number? or have one for sale?

[Image: 2wq52bq.jpg]

There was minor damage to the painted white part of the bumper (see area highlighted in square) - most of it polished out, although just bought a second hand bumper off ebay (tonight) - just wondering does the painted plastic bit seperate from the rest of the bumper? i know you need to take the whole thing off but just wondered if the only bit i need to swap is this part.

Any - help appreciated - starting to see the funny side of the incident (was right in my blind spot and seemed to avoid the parking sensors! - honest) - could have been a lot worse!
11-11-2012 09:38pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BobM

RE: Thanks Lampost

I had the bumper off recently to fit a towbar. All comes in one piece though some of the silver lower trim can be taken off. Give yourself a couple of hours for the job. You need to take the two main light clusters off first. There are screws and bolts in the wheel arch liners and underneath the bumper quite high up (and awkward). The bumper takes a bit of a leap of faith (and effort) to pull out of its locators where it meets the back wings. Keep an eye on ebay, Ive seen plenty of these back lights coming up for sale. Have fun!!!

Pure, SD4, Auto, 5 door, Firenze Red, Ebony/Ebony, privacy, rear camera, front sensors, fog lights, spare wheel, auto lights and wipers - Delivered 14.3.15 Very Happy

Gone but not forgotten - Old rattly 1.3.12 - 31.5.13 - Pure, SD4, manual, 5 door, Fuji, 19" style 4, ebony/ebony, spare wheel, privacy.
11-11-2012 09:48pm
Evo-king

Griff449, did something on this see below around about page 5 I think.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-My-Pure-E...nges-begin

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
11-11-2012 10:03pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

you can get the part number and even the part from our sponsor Dan@Duckworths

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
11-11-2012 10:06pm
stodman

cheers guys - BOBM - did you take the rear wheels off to get to the arches? the official LR guide suggests to take wheels off and prop. if i can manage without taking these off then would be better.
11-11-2012 10:24pm
DaveR

There might be some useful pictures here (photos of fitting a towtrust towbar) regarding the rear bumper

Tow Trust Tow Bar
12-11-2012 09:56am
BFGEvoqueMan

(11-11-2012 09:38pm)stodman Wrote:  Had a small reversing incident today which resulted in a cracked lens in the drivers side rear light (the small red one) - see pic with red circle (this is not my car just an example pic). Does anyone know the part number? or have one for sale?

[Image: 2wq52bq.jpg]

There was minor damage to the painted white part of the bumper (see area highlighted in square) - most of it polished out, although just bought a second hand bumper off ebay (tonight) - just wondering does the painted plastic bit seperate from the rest of the bumper? i know you need to take the whole thing off but just wondered if the only bit i need to swap is this part.

Any - help appreciated - starting to see the funny side of the incident (was right in my blind spot and seemed to avoid the parking sensors! - honest) - could have been a lot worse!

If you look at my towbar fitting guide under (stickied on the Modification Section) you will see full photos of how to remove the bumper

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2012 07:19pm by cjfp.)
12-11-2012 10:02am
BobM

(11-11-2012 10:24pm)stodman Wrote:  cheers guys - BOBM - did you take the rear wheels off to get to the arches? the official LR guide suggests to take wheels off and prop. if i can manage without taking these off then would be better.

You can get all the screws off around the arches without taking the wheels off but you will need a set of small torx bits to do it

Pure, SD4, Auto, 5 door, Firenze Red, Ebony/Ebony, privacy, rear camera, front sensors, fog lights, spare wheel, auto lights and wipers - Delivered 14.3.15 Very Happy

Gone but not forgotten - Old rattly 1.3.12 - 31.5.13 - Pure, SD4, manual, 5 door, Fuji, 19" style 4, ebony/ebony, spare wheel, privacy.
12-11-2012 09:32pm