Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's happened to Pete from BAS??
Aussievoque

What's happened to Pete from BAS??

I've been trying to contact Pete to discuss getting my Evoque remapped remotely (I'm in Australia) but can't get a response. I've PM'd him and tried to contact him via his web page but no response.

Does anyone know if he's still around? I notice his last post was in May last year, has he shut up shop??

His knowledge of the Evoque and dedication to the forum really impressed me. Does anyone have any recent experience with the BAS remote remapping? I know there was a thread from the early days but according to the webpage it looks like they changed the method which is what I was hoping to find out about.

If anyone has used something similar like the Superchips Bluefin would love to hear about it?

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
(This post was last modified: 29-01-2016 04:52am by Aussievoque.)
28-01-2016 11:33pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
duckworthparts
Site Sponsor

RE: What's happened to Pete from BAS??

He's not that active on the forums, i'd drop him a call or email direct

http://bellautoservices.co.uk/contact/

http://www.duckworthparts.co.uk
http://www.duckworthlandrover.co.uk - Vehicle Sales
My Direct Line: 01673 849873
Email: danroberts@duckworthlandrover.co.uk

You can make a paypal directly to the email above

[Image: hwc8.jpg]
29-01-2016 10:30am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aussievoque

Thanks for that. The 11 hour time difference makes calling him a bit difficult, I never seem to think of it in those couple of hours when it's possible!
I have also tried emailing him direct as suggested via his website 'Contact' link but get no response. Have just tried again so will wait and see what happens.

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
29-01-2016 11:24am
Aussievoque

(29-01-2016 10:30am)duckworthparts Wrote:  He's not that active on the forums, i'd drop him a call or email direct

http://bellautoservices.co.uk/contact/

Do Duckworth's provide remote remaps for the Evoque?

29-01-2016 12:44pm
Aussievoque

Good news, Pete's still around! Tracked him down and ordered a remote remap. Can't wait!

02-02-2016 07:25am
Clip

(02-02-2016 07:25am)Aussievoque Wrote:  Good news, Pete's still around! Tracked him down and ordered a remote remap. Can't wait!
Aussievoque, can you please post up how this goes? I'm also in Australia and love to do this too! Your thoughts be great to hear.
06-02-2016 12:43pm
Aussievoque

(06-02-2016 12:43pm)Clip Wrote:  Aussievoque, can you please post up how this goes? I'm also in Australia and love to do this too! Your thoughts be great to hear.

Hi Clip.

Honestly I think this is the best $1200 I've spent on the car. I received the ECU cable within the week I ordered it and set it up that night. Setup is straight forward, within an hour it was remapped and the little evoque now pulls like a train! Still can't get my head around how plugging a phone into your ECU can make such a change.

I have no lag and have to watch my speed like a hawk! 60-100 happens in the blink of an eye. Gear changes seem much better and seem to happen at the right time too. I still get some hesitation in certain situations but it quickly changes down, finds the right gear and your off! I spoke to Pete about this occasional hesitation and he says it will continue to improve the more I drive it.

This is my 2nd TD4, the first had woeful (dangerous) hesitation/lag and was the reason I got rid of the car. This one did not have anywhere near the lag that the 1st one had but I can honestly say that it now does not have any. It actually drives very much like my previous X5 3.0D which I loved.

Fuel economy at the moment is around 8.0L/100km with a bit of mixed driving but I've only been driving it less than a week so can't give any definitive comments on fuel economy.

With the Aussie exchange rate the BAS remap is a bit dearer than Bluefin or Topgear Tuning (on ebay) but I worry that they are a bit generic, as Pete has personal experience with the Evoque I think the extra $$$ is well spent for his knowledge.

11-02-2016 01:41am
Clip

That's really interesting thanks Aussievoque. Great to get such positive feedback. I agree 100% re paying the extra for a more bespoke map. I'm guessing he would do it for my MY15 SD4? Given the ridiculously good fuel economy I get, I'm hoping there will be quite a few more ponies available (I'm more than happy to sacrifice a few l/100k for some more performance).
12-02-2016 08:53am
Aussievoque

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he has a tune for the newer 9 speed models. Jump on his website and have a look, otherwise drop him a line via the Contact Us link.

12-02-2016 12:37pm