Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New to detailing
cs33wa

New to detailing

Hi all..

I have been following all the threads here to learn detailing.
I am not a pro and probably don't have that much of time/knowledge to do a full detailing. But I do try to keep my car as new as possible.
Many members here recommend GTechniq. It does seems like great product to me. I will be ordering a few of the range: P1, C2, C3, L1 and G1. I think those should be enough for me( casual detailer ) to keep my car in great shape. However, I do have question. Is this the right steps: P1--> C2--> C3( interval wash )??
Also, is L1 the last step after cleaning and conditioning the leather?? I have zaino leather cleaner and conditioner, can I use together with L1??

Thanks!!
22-07-2012 11:06am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

RE: New to detailing

Unless the paint work needs some correction on a new car, I wouldn't use P1 but use P2- IPA wipe- C2 - wait - C3

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
22-07-2012 12:19pm
MrHooky

(22-07-2012 11:06am)cs33wa Wrote:  Hi all..

I have been following all the threads here to learn detailing.
I am not a pro and probably don't have that much of time/knowledge to do a full detailing. But I do try to keep my car as new as possible.
Many members here recommend GTechniq. It does seems like great product to me. I will be ordering a few of the range: P1, C2, C3, L1 and G1. I think those should be enough for me( casual detailer ) to keep my car in great shape. However, I do have question. Is this the right steps: P1--> C2--> C3( interval wash )??
Also, is L1 the last step after cleaning and conditioning the leather?? I have zaino leather cleaner and conditioner, can I use together with L1??

Thanks!!

What's C3!?

Few weeks ago I used P1 (by hand) followed by a layer of C1.5. Has made the car look great and the C1.5 was very easy to apply. Not sure I'll go back to waxes again. Our car has done just shy of 4,000 miles and it had a few swirls so wanted to use the P1 to see if I could remove any - not sure I did to be fair but I rushed it - will be investing in a DA polisher instead to get the best out of the P1 in the future.

As for the interior - personally as long as you keep the leather clean and conditioned I'm not sure you need to use anything else unless you have the light leather and are wanting to prevent dye transfer? I've only ever used gliptone cleaner and autosmart leather rejuvenator on our black leather and it still looks great so I'm sure your zaino is fine.

Fuji Pure eD4 5dr | Fogs | Panoramic | 19" Diamond Polished | Ordered June 11 - Expected May 12
Delivered 19/04/12
22-07-2012 01:36pm
cs33wa

(22-07-2012 01:36pm)MrHooky Wrote:  What's C3!?

Few weeks ago I used P1 (by hand) followed by a layer of C1.5. Has made the car look great and the C1.5 was very easy to apply. Not sure I'll go back to waxes again. Our car has done just shy of 4,000 miles and it had a few swirls so wanted to use the P1 to see if I could remove any - not sure I did to be fair but I rushed it - will be investing in a DA polisher instead to get the best out of the P1 in the future.

As for the interior - personally as long as you keep the leather clean and conditioned I'm not sure you need to use anything else unless you have the light leather and are wanting to prevent dye transfer? I've only ever used gliptone cleaner and autosmart leather rejuvenator on our black leather and it still looks great so I'm sure your zaino is fine.

C3 is: C3 Smart Carnauba - Newest technology nano wax for your paint 
Its a spay...so I guess it's for quick detailing during all the interval washes.
So use P1 then C1.5 or C2 to seal it right?
The main reason I pick P1 over P2 is because I can use it to remove light swirls in the future...so multi purpose.
22-07-2012 03:02pm
doug

(22-07-2012 01:36pm)MrHooky Wrote:  What's C3!?

It's the best product ever Smile. It can be used on everything in & around your car. I use it as a quick detailer spray. Sealants such as C1 C1.5 C2 are great for there protective qualities but by adding a wax over the top will bring out the metallic flakes & add a extra wet look gloss. I still use hard paste wax, but C3 is so quick to use. Spray it over your C1 stand back & be amazed. It's great for plastic trim & glass as well.
The only down side I have noticed is how long the protection lasts, but as you are applying it over a sealant you you will still have the paint protection you need, just give it a spray over once a month. It's spray on wipe off that's it Cool

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
22-07-2012 03:24pm
MrHooky

Re: New to detailing

Will be buying some c3 straight away then. Sounds perfect!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Fuji Pure eD4 5dr | Fogs | Panoramic | 19" Diamond Polished | Ordered June 11 - Expected May 12
Delivered 19/04/12
23-07-2012 09:10am
cs33wa

(23-07-2012 09:10am)MrHooky Wrote:  Will be buying some c3 straight away then. Sounds perfect!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Hahaha...good one!
23-07-2012 12:03pm