Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nav Screen- Fakra Colours
jasons

Nav Screen- Fakra Colours

Hi all,

Just doing my prep before I retro fit a reversing camera.

Can anyone tell me which colour fakra output on the rear of the unit is for the rear view camera output?

From memory, purple, brown, green and pink?

Thanks,

Jason
13-03-2015 02:55pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kugaman1

RE: Nav Screen- Fakra Colours

Hi Jasons....

Ive been searching the net for the past 1/2 an hour for this.
There is a pic somewhere which shows the connector, but I cannot find it!

However, I definitely remember that its the one on the right as you look at it from the rear of the unit.
16-03-2015 10:04am
jasons

Thanks, I had a play around with the camera set up on Saturday and although the interface box was working, I couldn't get the image up..

I'm going it investigate to see if it was pre-wired for a camera, given the luck I've had with the xenons I don't want to push it!

I'm waiting for the supplier to get back to me to make sure it's working correctly, but given a fitted price on ebay, I'd be tempted to pay someone else to do it. The only ball ache is that I'm at the bottom of the country and they are half way up it!

That said, if I can get it sorted myself, I'm going to do a full write up/ how to- I know there aren't that many people that are interested in adding upgrades (I wonder if that's because many are on pcp/finance) but I searched a few US sites but still couldn't find anyone who had done an Evoque...
(This post was last modified: 16-03-2015 10:10am by jasons.)
16-03-2015 10:07am
Kugaman1

(16-03-2015 10:07am)jasons Wrote:  Thanks, I had a play around with the camera set up on Saturday and although the interface box was working, I couldn't get the image up..

I'm going it investigate to see if it was pre-wired for a camera, given the luck I've had with the xenons I don't want to push it!

I'm waiting for the supplier to get back to me to make sure it's working correctly, but given a fitted price on ebay, I'd be tempted to pay someone else to do it. The only ball ache is that I'm at the bottom of the country and they are half way up it!

That said, if I can get it sorted myself, I'm going to do a full write up/ how to- I know there aren't that many people that are interested in adding upgrades (I wonder if that's because many are on pcp/finance) but I searched a few US sites but still couldn't find anyone who had done an Evoque...

Nice one.

Im in the same boat.
I would pay to get one fitted but Im in NE Scotland, so a bit of a hike away!

Shame a fakra camera isnt just plug n play!
16-03-2015 12:03pm
jasons

(16-03-2015 12:03pm)Kugaman1 Wrote:  Nice one.

Im in the same boat.
I would pay to get one fitted but Im in NE Scotland, so a bit of a hike away!

Shame a fakra camera isnt just plug n play!

The guy who I bought the kit from (camera,lead, box and loom) says it should be plug and play. When I test fitted it, it showed the touchscreen box for rear camera (so the interface works) but it wasn't picking up the camera output.

So I'm waiting to hear what the problem could be.

That said, taking apart the dash and lower dash to get to the nav screen and unit is a doddle and takes less than 10 minutes to do, so once I have it working it will just be the case of running the cable along the N/S sill, up to the rear of the boot and then through the rubber gaitor to the camera location...

J
16-03-2015 12:37pm