Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you do for a living?
jitenc

RE: What do you do for a living?

(09-03-2012 11:56pm)mickydd Wrote:  Fire Brigade Officer-Responding to operational incidents in my shiny red Evoque, with a big grin on my face!!!!!!

I think you have the coolest Evoque for its function. I need to see more pics.... Do you also get a dettachable siren to go with it?

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
10-03-2012 08:38pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mickydd

Evo-King, That's a good point you raise. I can confirm that JLR did want to ensure the Evoque was adopted by the Emergency services, initially, very good deals were available via our leasing companies. I and a number of my colleagues were fortunate in ordering early, I think we have 15 on order in total. However the unprecedented demand has resulted in those special offers being withdrawn and I think that is fair given the large number of people who are experiencing continual delays.

It is interesting to note that those of us who ordered Dynamics, received our cars quickest, those who ordered Pure's which were due for initial delivery in Jan are still waiting.

Arrived 24th February. Dynamic 5 dr SD4, manual ,Firenze with Verve interior, 20" Sparkle
10-03-2012 10:52pm
olde

Shortened Poppy. I accidentally co-founded a few $billion startups, in software systems and service provision infrastructure. Now, in my 40's, I make unwise investments which typically fail to make the world a better place. The Evoque was a wise investment, though. Wink

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
10-03-2012 11:04pm
mickydd

(10-03-2012 08:38pm)jitenc Wrote:  I think you have the coolest Evoque for its function. I need to see more pics.... Do you also get a dettachable siren to go with it?

Hi Jitenc, our vehicles are fitted with lights concealed in the front grille area. We have sirens permanently installed as well. We use a small "Kojak" style light when we are mobilised to incidents. Initially this caused a problem as the small "Kojak" style light is magnetic and normally attaches to the roof, however the Evoque roof is aluminium.
We decided to fit rails and roof bars and the light now attaches to a purpose made plate that is fixed to the roof bar.
It's a good work round and has almost sent our fleet controller grey, but he has worked hard to ensure we didn't have to cancel the vehicles. And I'm grateful to him.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Arrived 24th February. Dynamic 5 dr SD4, manual ,Firenze with Verve interior, 20" Sparkle
10-03-2012 11:20pm
Broadsword1959

Professional Airline Passenger

well it seems like it - Pity I can't buy my RRE with air miles.

Subsea Equipment Test Manager - Oil & Gas Industry

Pure, SD4, Manual, Baltic Blue, Ebony Interior, Tech Pack, Xenon Headlights, Folding Mirrors / Puddle Lights, Front Fog Lights, Reversing Camera
[Image: 124096.png]
12-03-2012 11:51pm
Michelle

Operating theatre nurse/manager

Ordered 8th march: SD4 Prestige auto, Fuji, panoramic roof, Cirrus/lunar interior, rear view camera, blind spot monitoring, Nav,heated front seats
Delivery: 6th December!
13-03-2012 08:33am
chiggy

(12-03-2012 11:51pm)Broadsword1959 Wrote:  Professional Airline Passenger

well it seems like it - Pity I can't buy my RRE with air miles.

Subsea Equipment Test Manager - Oil & Gas Industry

You don't happen to work for a company called Neptune do you?

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
13-03-2012 09:35am
Broadsword1959

(13-03-2012 09:35am)chiggy Wrote:  You don't happen to work for a company called Neptune do you?

Chiggy

No not Neptune. Will be heading over to Perth in May for 6 weeks to prepare for a test program in Henderson later this year.
Hopefully will be staying in Freeo near Challenge Harbour again although will hit Northbridge for a few beers at weekend.
I will see if I can spot you distinctive RRE and plate when in Perth.
Project is for Apache Energy

Pure, SD4, Manual, Baltic Blue, Ebony Interior, Tech Pack, Xenon Headlights, Folding Mirrors / Puddle Lights, Front Fog Lights, Reversing Camera
[Image: 124096.png]
13-03-2012 10:59am