Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What did you do to pass the time?
same2you

RE: What did you do to pass the time?

(05-12-2012 07:30pm)Easty Wrote:  How long prior to delivery did people get a vin? Im about 5 weeks away now.

I received mine on the week that it was built. With you being in the UK, I assume that it would be a week or 2 before you delivery as you don't have boats and trains involved in getting it to your dealership.
05-12-2012 07:56pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Easty

Re: What did you do to pass the time?

I am actually getting the car in Seattle. Not sure if its a boat ride to. East coast and a long train trip or a boat through panama and up to the east coast.. I will be back in england next week though. Maybe i can arrange to drive before they ship it. Smile
05-12-2012 08:59pm
speary

(30-11-2012 07:59pm)same2you Wrote:  Ok, now that I see my Evoque in Topix, and see that it's at the Southampton Shipping yard waiting for its vessel to arrive, I am getting very anxious Laughing . The dealer says that it is scheduled to arrive on Dec 26th... so I have about 4 weeks of waiting ahead of me.

Soooo.... what have all of you guys done to pass the time while waiting for yours to arrive at the dealer? I imagine multiple visits to this forum/day, but is there any interesting reading/research on the Evoque out there (I've already gone through the PDF of the manual)?

Cheers,
Sleepless in Toronto

Take a copy of the brochure to the bathroom and ......Embarrassed

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
06-12-2012 09:39am
same2you

Day 19... food supplies running low... we received the last beacon of light from the Wallenius Website indicating the vehicle has been discharged. The crew is growing anxious in anticipation of our saviour, however we will not see nor hear anything for a fortnight Laughing

The pain of it all is that my current car is now in the shop becasue of misfiring... for the 3rd time in 3 weeks. The remedy for it now is a new head... Thank god for warranties, and thank god for loaners.

I guess drama like this makes life interesting Rolling Eyes

Does anyone out there happen to know how long a car takes to travel on a train half-way across Canada before getting loaded on a truck for an additional 50km?
12-12-2012 05:46am