Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What did people think of the Dynamic Plus Seats?
Alex

What did people think of the Dynamic Plus Seats?

Just placed my order last weekend for the Dynamic. I stuck with the normal default seats (but in black) and changed the dashboard trim, and headlining.
However at the show sat in the Dynamic 5-door with Dynamic Plus seats and I thought they felt quite comfortable, maybe too much presence, but were a nice feature. 

Out of curiosity did anyone like the Dynamic Plus seats? I know on this site there is a very split school of thought irrespective of design that colour is the overriding factor (i.e. it seems many people are not happy with black or red as a choice, and can understand why).  But irrespective of colour did you find the seats comfortable to sit in.

It’s funny at the NEC event I spoke to an interior designer and told him that I thought their colour choices were quite poor for the Dynamics interior (split colour seats, perforated leather), and said that perhaps their ‘themes’ to the vehicles maybe ring fenced their creativity, or options. I also told him to check out Baby RR so they could get some feedback on what people were thinking (he took note of the web address).

In two minds now whether I should forsake some options I have chosen to afford the Dynamic Plus seats.  

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
02-06-2011 08:13am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kermit

RE: What did people think of the Dynamic Plus Seats?

Only based on the pictures and videos I've seen; I think the D+ seats are out of character for the vehicle, however I believe LR are aiming at a younger market than they have in the past. Time will tell if in a few years time they are still available.
02-06-2011 10:33am
Alex

They are very similar to the Jaguar R-S sport seats.

I though they were very comfortable to sit in, but the price tag wasn't. However as a future Dynamic owner this is the only upgrade option available to get the Oxford leather. May see about ditching a few options to see if I can afford it.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
02-06-2011 10:42am
evoqueboy

I've got them and to be honest thought they weren't as comfortable as the normal dynamic seats. I'm going more on future re-sale value and they do look the part. I hope they grow on me! I don't think they come with an armrest either which would then make them perfect seeing as though I am used to the armrest on the td6.
02-06-2011 11:29am
Alex

(02-06-2011 10:33am)Kermit Wrote:  Only based on the pictures and videos I've seen; I think the D+ seats are out of character for the vehicle, however I believe LR are aiming at a younger market than they have in the past. Time will tell if in a few years time they are still available.

Yeah I agree, but it’s a shame this is the only option to get the Oxford leather in the Dynamic. I have a feeling perhaps next year there may be different interior choices. Also not sure if the seats could harm your resale as it may narrow the market on who may wish to purchase the car, such as the standard seats would be overlooked in a sale (depending on colour), whereas the Dynamic Plus would be obvious.

But funny enough I like the seats, whereas my wife doesn’t. At the show I sat next to someone (fairly large) who couldn’t really sit in the Plus seats comfortably and asked if these were the only seats the Dynamic came with, I guess based on that the seats could be a little restricting.

04-06-2011 09:17am
selespeed

I don't like them. They are too much
04-06-2011 10:03am