Poll: What Options did you choose? (Poll only lets you list 10 items - Listed Packs, and few main options)
LUX Pack
Dynamic Plus Pack
Entertainment Pack
Pure Style Pack
Tech Pack
Privacy Glass
825 Watt Meridian Sound System
Adaptive Dynamics
Alloy Wheel Upgrade
Fixed Panaromic Roof
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What Options did you order?
Alex

RE: What Options did you order?

(04-06-2011 09:58am)griff Wrote:  I did opt for the panoramic roof but hit the wrong button on my Iphone!
Unfortunately I am a salesmans dream as I have speked just about everything except TV, heated wheel and have now vetoed solar glass in favour of privacy as after all my questions i finally find out that it is only for front screen.

Many mishaps for me using this forum with my iPhone Rolling Eyes

On a side note...I wished LR had an app to spec up the Evoque as the build is in Flash which isn’t supported on the iPhone Twisted Evil + the LR web site is a bit cumbersome to use on a small device. In terms of adverting they have appeared to have done everything else but not yet hit the iPhone/Android app market.

I asked at the NEC event if there would be any remote app connections between the iPhone and Evoque (such as BMW you can control various car features such as heating, locking doors etc) but I was told those options would come in the second generation Evoque including full use of say your iPhones features via the cars touch screen.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
04-06-2011 10:37am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
griff

Thats interesting. I get the impression there is a lot to come with the Evoque in its second generation. My dealer has already promised me a discount if I order one! None on this one though.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
04-06-2011 10:50am
Alex

They did tell me there were a few limitations with the Bluetooth connection and phone use, which again will be updated in second generation.

Yeah i asked them if it could not be a firmware upgrade regarding the phone link second generation update but they told me it was hardware change. I would not be surprised if they also add a link to your phones 3G/4G to work as a router if in car devices - I think Ford has introduced this on there new focus range.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
04-06-2011 11:39am
Blackseries

(04-06-2011 11:39am)Alex Wrote:  They did tell me there were a few limitations with the Bluetooth connection and phone use, which again will be updated in second generation.

Could you elaborate.

I hope to listen to internet radio on the cars HiFi through my mobile phone - probably wired rather stereo Bluetooth. Is that possible with Gen 1?

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
04-06-2011 12:18pm
Alex

One of the engineers said that there wasn't full functionality of the handset, but you could make and receive calls hands free obviously. Then he said the second generation was looking at using all of the phones features wherecthe screen doubled up or mirrored the handset (reading text messages, and other features such as apps - ie Face Book etc, but I think BMW has something similar already in their advance bluetooth packages).

I didn't get to specific about the questions but he just said there were limitations to the handsfree Bluetooth option (which I'm hoping doesnt mean you can't access phone book from phone).

He also said that the OS for media was running windows or perhaps some car version of windows media again he was not to specific.

04-06-2011 12:30pm
Blackseries

Thanks for that Alex.

I suppose the hope is if the OS is developed by MS then rolling updates will be forthcoming...... rather than having to rely on internal JLR bods to develop new features.

The Audi Q3 already has (when launched in Nov) the WiFi Hub function. Had hoped the RRE would just require a sw update to activate that feature ...... but maybe it will need more than that.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
04-06-2011 01:41pm
vinda

Talks about 2nd generation already. 1st gen hasn't even arrived yet. And if anythings to go by 2nd gen is a lonnnng while away!!!
05-06-2011 02:28am
Gorjan

The brochure says there wil be streaming of music availble trough Bluetooth not just using for the phone.. Maybe gen 1 is forthe prootypes? Maybe it will go to gen 2 untl Sept. Smile

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
05-06-2011 07:51am
Rootsboy

Finally Put in my order for a White 5 Door Prestige SD4 Manual. have been told it may now arrive in October as i am one of the first on the list for my dealer even though i only put my deposit down 6 weeks ago, and my full option order wont go through until next week.
they are having a problem here in Spain with the computer ordering system, i think the IT guys are not really up to scratch, and the way the options are translated are a bit strange.
some of the things i noticed were that i could still order rear vents, (lets see if i get them)
the dealers or system was not sure if the aluminum dash strip was standard or one of the other designs was.
in fact to be honest the dealer did not know much about the car and options and gave up trying to sell me anything that i did not want, and i think was just grateful for the order and not understanding more about the options. still was not worth a discount though.
so in the end i went for:
Stereo upgrade (i do love my music)
Luggage rails
20" wheels
Smoking pack ( not for me, but for resale here in spain)
Parking distance control for front and back with camera (again not sure why, as most people here just use the sensation of them bumping into parked cars, to know if they are in the space or not)
Adaptive Dynamics (seems to be a must)
Privacy Glass and Solar Attenuating Glass (everything thing i can do to keep the summer heat out)
Ebony leather (still not sure about this because of the issue with the sun and heat, but the white and ivory just look the lights to keep clean with kids, i almost went for the ivory, but looks a little to typical range rover old fashioned for me, and the ebony with the white stitching inside a white car i think will look nice and modern. i think the info that was given in the what car dubai test pushed me into just getting the black, and i am sure the air-con will be up-to scratch to get the cabin cool quick.)

to be honest i am quite excited about this car, and i feel like i am mad to be spending so much on one, but i do really like the design, i was waiting for the Audi Q3 to come out after seeing the concept, but what a let down, i think the industry needs a push forward and i kind of feel like a child that has the chance to own one of those cars of the future i used to look at in picture books years ago.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
05-06-2011 10:12am
Gorjan

Rootsboy, what about remote heting/ventilation option? Do you think pre-ventilation might help getting into nt so hot ibterior?

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
05-06-2011 10:30am