Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What I learnt today in Manchester - now with photos
j7david

What I learnt today in Manchester - now with photos

There was a dynamic coupé and a prestige 5-door on display.

Firenze red looks stunning, and now I'm having to rethink, having previously been set on white.

Light interiors have LOTS of marks from blue jeans on the leather. Definitely going for black.

19" wheels look great ... now I'm thinking of upgrading from 18". I personally wouldn't say that 20" looks any better.

Panoramic roof is fantastic, more for rear seat passengers than front-seat ones though.

Privacy glass is really dark from outside but lets lots of light through on inside, and it looks really good.
And as far as the official chaps (and their car handbook) knew, the Pure Style pack DOESN'T have a different grained leather to the standard pure grained leather. They didn't seem totally 100% sure, but said that it was misleading if that was what the website implied. Someone ought to double-check this.

Edit: photos added. Bright but overcast skies.
[Image: DSCF0539.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0542.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0545.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0548.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0551.jpg]
[Image: Provia%20med-hard%20shadow.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2011 06:23pm by j7david.)
07-07-2011 10:41pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HA54SYM

RE: What I learnt today in Manchester

(07-07-2011 10:41pm)j7david Wrote:  There was a dynamic coupé and a prestige 5-door on display.

Firenze red looks stunning, and now I'm having to rethink, having previously been set on white.

Light interiors have LOTS of marks from blue jeans on the leather. Definitely going for black.

19" wheels look great ... now I'm thinking of upgrading from 18". I personally wouldn't say that 20" looks any better.

Panoramic roof is fantastic, more for rear seat passengers than front-seat ones though.

Privacy glass is really dark from outside but lets lots of light through on inside, and it looks really good.
And as far as the official chaps (and their car handbook) knew, the Pure Style pack DOESN'T have a different grained leather to the standard pure grained leather. They didn't seem totally 100% sure, but said that it was misleading if that was what the website implied. Someone ought to double-check this.

Where was the display?

Dave
08-07-2011 08:10am
j7david

Spinningfields, in the middle of Manchester. I found a PDF on the forums here with the dates. The display in Manchester is 7-8-9 July.

Edit - found it, I'll attach the PDF

Attached File(s)
.pdf  RR Evoque Events[1].pdf (Size: 163.53 KB / Downloads: 15)
08-07-2011 08:21am
Blackseries

(07-07-2011 10:41pm)j7david Wrote:  Light interiors have LOTS of marks from blue jeans on the leather. Definitely going for black.

Which models had light interiors?

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
08-07-2011 10:01am
j7david

The black prestige had the Ambiance ivory/espresso interior and the driver's seat edge was deep blue from people getting in and out. I should have taken a photo. It's a shame really; I thought the light interior looked nice. I imagine the same problem would happen with any light colour.

The coupé was red with the black/red interior which looked a lot better than I had imagined it would.

Now if only the Pure > othermodel upgrade wasn't so expensive.
08-07-2011 10:04am
Blackseries

(08-07-2011 10:04am)j7david Wrote:  The black prestige had the Ambiance ivory/espresso interior and the driver's seat edge was deep blue from people getting in and out. I should have taken a photo. It's a shame really; I thought the light interior looked nice. I imagine the same problem would happen with any light colour.

The coupé was red with the black/red interior which looked a lot better than I had imagined it would.

Now if only the Pure > othermodel upgrade wasn't so expensive.

Thanks for that.

I saw a Black leather Pure yesterday and the leather looked very nice. I had a 2005 BMW 330 Sport Estate and the leather looked the same quality as that..... I had the standard BMW leather not the Nappa upgrade - it looked good quality - oddly much better quality than the lighter Cirrus at the Live event.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
08-07-2011 10:23am
WB
WB

(07-07-2011 10:41pm)j7david Wrote:  And as far as the official chaps (and their car handbook) knew, the Pure Style pack DOESN'T have a different grained leather to the standard pure grained leather. They didn't seem totally 100% sure, but said that it was misleading if that was what the website implied. Someone ought to double-check this.

That's interesting I asked about the grained leather from the style pack and someone responded that they thought it looked good!?! Then again the LR folks at the evoque live seemed to be fairly hit and miss (mostly miss) in their knowledge.
08-07-2011 05:33pm
Tonyrec

RE: What I learnt today in Manchester - now with photos

Is it easy to get to Spinningfields?
If it is, we might take a detour on route to the Lakes in the morning.
08-07-2011 07:00pm