Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wet Roads, Irish Bridges and Fords
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Wet Roads, Irish Bridges and Fords

Following on from a previous post, if people want to try crossing water in their Evoque there is a good website to find your local fords, wet roads and Irish Bridges. http://www.wetroads.co.uk

Be careful to read water depth gauges/ check the depth, don't rush into the water ease the car in then accelerate with a good bow wave and don't bite off more than you can chew - especially if there has been a lot of rain and streams/ rivers are swollen. An Evoque is not as heavy as a Defender and will end up floating a lot sooner even though it has the same wading depth!

Here two videos of of the same stream............................

Dry day

Same place in the rain

Don't try this in your Evoque!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 17-10-2012 03:55pm by XFullFatTim.)
17-10-2012 03:42pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

RE: Wet Roads, Irish Bridges and Fords

Have you seen the video of the LR driven across a river bed with the water UP TO THE WINDOWS Shocked

Or the netter off roading a old RR towing a caravan, making a right mess of the green lane Evil

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
(This post was last modified: 17-10-2012 04:13pm by doug.)
17-10-2012 04:06pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Wet Roads, Irish Bridges and Fords

There are some right prats that go offroad without any consideration for the land/ trails/ other track users in England, fortunately here in Scotland we cannot just go and drive on green lanes - we have no public rights of way as such here and you MUST have the land owner's permission before you carve up his land. There is less animosity to offroading up here although there are nutters who do go off roading illegally and get the rest of us a bad name. Also for the most part people up here go as part of a club and that makes it much much easier to control behaviour and tear-aways, they get banned! It is frustrating to have acres and acres of land that would be lovely to drive but a lot of the publicly owned land (ie owned by the utility companies and the water board) is controlled by many risk averse managers who don't like anything that could end up with bad publicity or worse being mentioned in the papers.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 17-10-2012 04:19pm by XFullFatTim.)
17-10-2012 04:16pm