Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 3 Average
Welcome to babyRR.com!
ebu

RE: Welcome to babyRR.com!

hi everyone,
i've been visiting this forum for few months now and finally registered today. picked up a MY15 Pure Plus with Premium package in august. like any vehicles had few issues but overall very happy with my RRE.

how did i end up with an RRE ?
i was shopping for a new compact sedan to replace my tsx. tested drive different compact vehicles from bmw, mercedes, lexus, acura, subaru, etc but they all felt small for me. was fed up so went to try the honda hrv (small suv good for a to b purposes). as i was pulling out of the dealership parking lot with the salesman, a blue SUV cut us off. i floored the hrv trying to catch up to that SUV to give him the evil eye. salesman knew what i was doing and said there is no way this demo car can come close to that LR product unless i was driving one too. i was annoyed but did find the styling of that blue SUV interesting and unique. within 2min i headed back to the dealership. salesman asked why didnt i test drive longer. i told him i will after some research. he asked me what i wanted to know about the hrv. as soon as he asked that question and looked at my face, he knew i was not referring to the hrv... 1 week later and an RRE is on my driveway. Smile
09-12-2015 09:14am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
richard_babyrr

(02-07-2010 02:52pm)Martin Wrote:  Hi all

A very warm welcome to babyRR.com, the brand new community web site for everything to do with the new Range Rover Evoque vehicle from Land Rover, announced on 1st July 2010.

babyRR.com joins its sister sites at DISCO3.CO.UK/DISCO4.COM, RRSPORT.CO.UK, Freel2.com, fullfatrr.com and Defender2.net as the latest site for the latest vehicle Very Happy

Click the "Add Reply" button at the top or bottom left of this thread page to tell us a little about yourself - and how you found the site.

The site is a work in progress, as such items such as a gallery and expanded profile information will be added shortly.

Enjoy, and I welcome your feedback Smile

Martin Lewis
Site Admin
babyRR.com

Just to say Hi from Richard - living in Kent - have had my Evoque - a MY15 Pure Tech Diesel purchased new about 15 months ago - am up to about 26K miles in that time. Enjoying the car ! (Though I need a step ladder to clean the roof (Confused)

Regards,
Richard
22-12-2015 11:03am
PhilSkill

Welcome Johana, it is a bit quiet at times which may be a good sign overall, but plently of useful info and help though.

Richard, I have a microfibre Window Cleaner on a pole, works really well for roof and windscreen, saves getting steps out.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
06-01-2016 03:54pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Johana is now an ex-member due to posting a whole load of dangerous links to websites full of trojans, viruses and bots.............. and for contravening the "no commercial links in posts" rule. There is zero tolerance of spamming and unauthorised advertising on the forum or posting commercial links in posts, bios and signatures. BabyRR is not a free advertising site and we rely on sponsors who pay to advertise or donations from members to keep the forum going.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2016 09:26am by XFullFatTim.)
08-01-2016 09:23am
PhilSkill

Cheers Tim, Yes nightmare for you keeping that stuff at bay.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
08-01-2016 11:07am
XFullFatTim

Don't seem to get so many links in posts (famous last words.......) now as we used to but I delete 2-3 spammers a day from the members list for having links and ads in their bio or signature.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
08-01-2016 10:55pm
DANACTIVE

New to the Range Rover scene

The name is Dan just purchased a 2015 evoque pure... i've owned mainly performance cars and a F150 Raptor at one point but enjoy the evoque for the all around sporty and luxurious styling and perks that come along with owning a luxury vehicle... im in the military and currently stationed in California. ive already worked on some of the exterior mods and eventually would like to get new wheels and a few suspension items but other than that she's going to stay stock engine wise... glad to be part of the group/family!

Lastly...

ive been trying to contact certain members to ask questions and looking at threads i can't open the pictures or attached items due to not having the correct rights to access the pictures... anyone that may have insight would be greatly appreciated!

Dan
15-01-2016 02:50am
wheels

Think you need to have a few posts before you can pm people, other than that, have no idea
(This post was last modified: 15-01-2016 09:24am by wheels.)
15-01-2016 09:23am
XFullFatTim

Dan and Wheels, welcome to the forums.
You have to have 5 posts up before you can use the PM's. Regarding not seeing some of the photos, that can depend on a few things. if the OP has copied and pasted from a link from a secure host such as Photobucket rather than using the tools on that site to copy the link. Some people using hosting websites make their albums "private" but forget that then nobody else can see what they link to. Annd in my own case I cannot see some photos from my place of work even on my own laptop using the company wifi system because the company has decided that despite use now have uncapped internet access over a satellite link (I work on a ship) there are some websites that are picture heavy (photo sites!) and any video / music streaming websites are blocked so I cannot see links to youTube for example, they come out as a warning that the administrator has blocked that website. What is interesting though is that if I use an app on my tablet/ smart phone then invariably I can access those very same websites! eg I can access Photobucket from their app but I cannot type their URL into my browser and get access that way! Must be something to do with the way that apps work.

(This post was last modified: 16-01-2016 11:13am by XFullFatTim.)
16-01-2016 09:21am
DANACTIVE

(16-01-2016 09:21am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Dan and Wheels, welcome to the forums.
You have to have 5 posts up before you can use the PM's. Regarding not seeing some of the photos, that can depend on a few things. if the OP has copied and pasted from a link from a secure host such as Photobucket rather than using the tools on that site to copy the link. Some people using hosting websites make their albums "private" but forget that then nobody else can see what they link to. Annd in my own case I cannot see some photos from my place of work even on my own laptop using the company wifi system because the company has decided that despite use now have uncapped internet access over a satellite link (I work on a ship) there are some websites that are picture heavy (photo sites!) and any video / music streaming websites are blocked so I cannot see links to youTube for example, they come out as a warning that the administrator has blocked that website. What is interesting though is that if I use an app on my tablet/ smart phone then invariably I can access those very same websites! eg I can access Photobucket from their app but I cannot type their URL into my browser and get access that way! Must be something to do with the way that apps work.

great! thanks for the assistance and look forward to being more active on the site!
18-01-2016 02:25am