Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Welcome to A-Plan Insurance!
Martin
Site Admin & Owner

Welcome to A-Plan Insurance!

Well it had to happen one day, we now have an insurance company as a sponsor Laughing

I've been approached by a multitude of insurance companies over the years requesting to advertise with us. However the same issues have always come up - there was not one insurer who can look after the needs of site members when it comes to modifications, accessories, value, etc.

Not any more Mr. Green

Having been approached by A-Plan it was clear they were not a usual "computer says no" insurance company and could cope with the wide variety of uses that site members put their vehicles to.

I met with Steve Marsh (an RRS owner, but be gentle!) and Henry Francis from A-Plan who explained the policies and the service they hope to offer us all.

They had to prove themselves, so with a policy up for renewal they impressed me with a great quote on my (modified) Mini, so I put my money where my mouth is and am now customer, and have been very impressed by the service and attitude throughout.

A-Plan are determined to offer the best overall value insurance: there are no administration fees on policy alterations, no duplicate document fees, no charges for winter tyre use.

There is a account manager for the site, no call centre to deal with and A-Plan offer some old fashioned service in an industry now known for the impersonal nature of a purchase no-one really wants to make!

Please make them feel welcome and let's see how many of our policies they can get Wink

A-Plan have been on DISCO3/4, RRSPORT and Defender2 for a few months and have done well, impressing with both price and service. You can check their forum sections on those forums for feedback:

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/a-plan-ins...-vf75.html
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/a-plan-in...-vf38.html
http://www.defender2.net/forum/a-plan-in...-vf47.html

Do let me have any feedback on your experiences of A-Plan, we are hoping this is to be a long term arrangement so all comments at this early stage will help improve things for the future Thumbs Up

Click the banner to send your details to A-Plan for a quote:

[Image: 8b89e9e20913fcb639f8b4679c15e0db.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 26-01-2015 06:23pm by Martin.)
27-02-2014 03:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Welcome to A-Plan Insurance!

Just to back this up, my company vans are insured through A-Plan at very good rates. Will have to get a price when the Evoque is due!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
27-02-2014 05:25pm
Frp1

I will back them you.

I have had all my vans and cars insured with them for 8 years now and business insurance and all home insurances. They have been 1stclass.
They may not have always been the cheapest, but always get the service from them and they have been good at mirroring my ncb when I check adding more cars and vans.

Ben
28-02-2014 12:05am
harveyg77

Have to say their insurance is very good and they are helpful and able to deal with all sorts of 'abnormal' vehicle, but...

...I did have an issue with one of their employees discussing my quote and details with a dealer, when specifically told not to! I challenged them and quoted data-protection, they apologised and promised to investigate. Basically they swept it under the carpet and I went to the NFU instead and have not touched them since.
18-05-2014 10:42am
browny287

Bearing in mind the current debate about stolen Range Rovers in the news and how some insurance companies are reacting would someone from A- PLan like to make a statement on whether in general they are considering increasing premiums or refusing cover.
30-10-2014 04:13pm