Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Water (I am guessing its water) puddle under car
Tulabb

Water (I am guessing its water) puddle under car

Hi Guys

Last Fri I drove to my local shopping centre after work (10 min drive) with the air con / climate control on as normal 21.5 temp and parked my car. When I came back from shopping an hour later I notice there was a puddle of water (I am guessing its water) under the car - the location of the puddle was at the front just behind the number plate in between either side of the wheel if that makes sense.

Then on sat I drove out again to do more shopping 30 min drive and shopped for around 1.5 hours and I came back to my car and notice another puddle in the exact same place.

Both times the puddles are quite large - I would say as a guess a cup /mug full round puddle.

Do you know if this is a leak or water from the air con? I am unsure if this is normal or not but I called up my local dealer (still under warranty) and she just booked me in despite me asking to speak to someone in the workshop. She told me they would ask me to take it in anyway to be on the safe side.

Do you guys know if this is normal with the air con working hard right now since the temp in the UK is pretty hot down south.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
21-07-2014 10:51am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wife's car

RE: Water (I am guessing its water) puddle under car

I am no expert but sounds like your air con is working fine and most cars leave a puddle after use of the air con,as long as it is water.
21-07-2014 12:29pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

99% sure it's condensate from the climate control. Has it been very humid where you are?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 21-07-2014 06:21pm by XFullFatTim.)
21-07-2014 06:20pm
Tulabb

(21-07-2014 06:20pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  99% sure it's condensate from the climate control. Has it been very humid where you are?

Yes super humid and hot the last 2 weeks.

Wondering if it's worth me calling back again to speak to someone in the work shop tomorrow and ask.
21-07-2014 08:06pm
bee

it will def bee air con discharge.

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
21-07-2014 09:24pm
Tony

Condensation off the air con, mine pee'd its self on the drive this afternoon and we only have 24 deg. C on Skye today

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
21-07-2014 10:18pm
fam1x

I noticed the same thing under my car the other day too, was a bit concerned at first but the car seems to be fine. Must say when I got home and parked up there was now water on my drive .

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
22-07-2014 11:37am
PhilSkill

Mine dribbled condensation across the drive the other day too!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
22-07-2014 02:38pm
Mightymildred

Yes, Eva does it too... all over the drive. Totally normal. Trying to persuade her to be better trained but there's no chance lol
26-07-2014 11:29am