Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Washing your Evoque
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Washing your Evoque

I wonder if as a result of the hose pipe bans across most of Englandshire we will start to see members just outside the ban areas doing car detailing weekend breaks.................. B&B and unlimited use of a hose for car washing!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
20-04-2012 10:00am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

(20-04-2012 10:00am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I wonder if as a result of the hose pipe bans across most of Englandshire we will start to see members just outside the ban areas doing car detailing weekend breaks.................. B&B and unlimited use of a hose for car washing!

....or some very long hosepipes?
20-04-2012 10:57am
PhilSkill

I've just installed even larger grey water tanks to go with the ones I had previously, which are filling nicely since it started raining the day the Ban came into force Rolling Eyes I appreciate the reservoirs are low and need replenishing though thus saving more rain water myself, since i'm on a water meter all makes good sense Very Happy.

Now I could run a pump and filter off of these tanks to hose my car but where I wash my car is quite public and last time we had a Ban the number of disapproving uneducated numpty do-gooders that shouted there's a hose pipe ban on, that's a £1000 fine, that's illegal you know, when I was only using buckets of grey water started to drive me crazy... imagine using a hose off my tanks at the moment Rolling Eyes.
(20-04-2012 10:00am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I wonder if as a result of the hose pipe bans across most of Englandshire we will start to see members just outside the ban areas doing car detailing weekend breaks.................. B&B and unlimited use of a hose for car washing!

Englandshire... I like that. Very Happy

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 20-04-2012 11:50am by PhilSkill.)
20-04-2012 11:49am
ED209

I use an old crate to stand on to reach the rrof properly

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
20-04-2012 02:08pm
Big G

Water in Dublin is free (its about all that is here now)- althought they're planning water meters in the next 2 years , so hurry up !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
20-04-2012 02:18pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

We pay water rates here but to the Scottish Government not to some overseas company. The price includes all you can use and taking away the waste too. Once we get independence I hear that Mr Salmond will be exporting at £5 a litre + transport to the southern deserts.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
20-04-2012 03:14pm
Donny Dog

(20-04-2012 03:14pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Once we get independence I hear that Mr Salmond will be exporting at £5 a litre + transport to the southern deserts.

It'll have to be in one of your tankers, then, as you'll have to pay to get it through here! Wink

And we don't want it ourselves, our reservoirs are overflowing - it hasn't stopped raining for days!
20-04-2012 03:31pm
doug

(20-04-2012 11:49am)PhilSkill Wrote:  I've just installed even larger grey water tanks to go with the ones I had previously, which are filling nicely since it started raining the day the Ban came into force Rolling Eyes I appreciate the reservoirs are low and need replenishing though thus saving more rain water myself, since i'm on a water meter all makes good sense Very Happy.

Now I could run a pump and filter off of these tanks to hose my car but where I wash my car is quite public and last time we had a Ban the number of disapproving uneducated numpty do-gooders that shouted there's a hose pipe ban on, that's a £1000 fine, that's illegal you know, when I was only using buckets of grey water started to drive me crazy... imagine using a hose off my tanks at the moment Rolling Eyes.

Englandshire... I like that. Very Happy

PhilSkill,
I made up a sign to stop Jo public giving me the evil eye, as I was spending as much time explaining that I'm not using mains water as I was washing vehicles.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
20-04-2012 09:27pm
cjfp

Philskill - have you considered that you are being selfish by capturing rain FOR YOURSELF rather than letting it flow away into rivers, reservoirs etc for the good OF ALL !?!

( Laughing - special sign inserted for those that think the above may have been serious )

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
20-04-2012 09:36pm
PhilSkill

(20-04-2012 09:36pm)cjfp Wrote:  Philskill - have you considered that you are being selfish by capturing rain FOR YOURSELF rather than letting it flow away into rivers, reservoirs etc for the good OF ALL !?!

I knew you were going to say that! Laughing

Its the reason the south east has no water, I've stockpiled it all in Oxfordshire before it get across East! Laughing

(20-04-2012 09:27pm)doug Wrote:  PhilSkill,
I made up a sign to stop Jo public giving me the evil eye, as I was spending as much time explaining that I'm not using mains water as I was washing vehicles.

Glad it's not just me...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 20-04-2012 11:06pm by PhilSkill.)
20-04-2012 10:39pm