Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Warning - Well I never knew that!
jeffersj

Warning - Well I never knew that!

Did you know that you can lock the car whilst leaving the drivers door window completely open and you will not get a warning like when you have the boot or door not closed properly? Well we have found out the hard way.

Left the car at T3 Long stay Manchester airport for a short holiday after opening window to collect token, found a space, messed about putting up sun blind and unpacked luggage, locked the car and walked away.

Nasty shock on returning to the car to find a plastic sheet stuck over the drivers door window, assuming the worst expecting broken glass and internal damage but nothing??? Embarrassed We had left the window wide open but had no warning from the system. Presume security had placed the plastic covering over the open window to prevent water ingress. The cover seemed to be specifically shaped for door windows and was self adhesive so this must be a regular occurrence!

My gratitude to the security staff at T3 Long Stay for their quick thinking

Jeff

Member of Defender2 and Disco3/4 forums, currently driving a 90 300tdi and the Evoque Dynamic which is really my wife's car.
20-05-2017 04:36pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sasdiscos

RE: Warning - Well I never knew that!

hold your lock button when locking the car, this way the global close will ensure all windows are shut
21-05-2017 10:37am
EarlofEltham

The plastic was probably to stop the alarm going off. The wind blowing through the open window would set off the internal sensor.
20-06-2017 07:30am
PhilSkill

My Father in law left their Megane with engine running at an airport car park once, you could remove the key card and lock the car with the engine still running!, they returned to find it had been moved to a "Safe" area, I guess they stopped it by blocking the exhaust maybe as it still had fuel.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
20-06-2017 10:08am