Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wanted Sill reinforcing bars
jeffersj

Sill reinforcing bars

Anyone fitted side steps to a dynamic and want to get rid of the discarded reinforcing bars? side steps fitted to our car are a nuisance and muck collector so want them off but need to refit the bars.

Part numbers are LR33390 - right hand and LR33391 left hand. There are some on Fleabay at £60 each but not prpared to pay £120 just to take the steps off!

Jeff

Member of Defender2 and Disco3/4 forums, currently driving a 90 300tdi and the Evoque Dynamic which is really my wife's car.
06-05-2021 09:31am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Sill reinforcing bars

Hi Jeffersj

I have a pair of these sitting in my garage. Just fitted the OEM side steps, and was waiting to see if I was happy with them before discarding.

Make me an offer, postage wont be cheap as heavy.

Phil

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 19-05-2021 09:19am by PhilSkill.)
19-05-2021 09:18am
jeffersj

Phil Not sure how long you have had them fitted but as side steps I find that you cannot stand on them? not wide enough. They look good but reduce ground clearance, not that we will be doing much off-road. Before I read the fitting instructions on-line I had an attempt to take them off and the sills from the previous owner (just updated the car last month, now a 2018 HSE Dynamic in Fuji White) were solid with crud.

See how you get on and if you still want to sell the bars I will give it some thought.

Jeff

Jeff

Member of Defender2 and Disco3/4 forums, currently driving a 90 300tdi and the Evoque Dynamic which is really my wife's car.
19-05-2021 11:34am
PhilSkill

ok cool Jeff. Yes they are less useful than the Non-oem ones I had previously certainly, but they were starting to corrode and I bashed one in an NCP parking with those ridiculous high anti car kerbs, saving the main body fortunately!.

Yes even the plastic sill covers were full of Mud when I removed them to fit the new steps.

Also note the plastic cill covers get cut outs in them to fit the OEM side steps.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 19-05-2021 12:57pm by PhilSkill.)
19-05-2021 12:56pm