Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wanted 20" Chrome Shadow wheel
tetstb

20" Chrome Shadow wheel

My Mrs had an argument with a roundabout the other day and lost. I need a new wheel so looking for a 20" Chrome Shadow if anyone has one.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
23-04-2012 07:07pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kimv

RE: 20" Chrome Shadow wheel

Was it a very big fight? Is it not repairable? I ask because I ordered the same and I hope I won't be obliged to replace after every little quarrel...

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
23-04-2012 07:10pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Kimv, the problem is matching the repaired wheel with the rest of them - often all 4 have to be treated for shadow chrome unfortunately, or if you are a cheapskate then minimum is the two on the same side........

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 23-04-2012 07:18pm by XFullFatTim.)
23-04-2012 07:16pm
tetstb

I was hoping to repair it but a guy I know who did 2 of my A6 wheels said pretty much what Tim said and that he would be better taking them back to a single shade and do all 4. I think I'll bite the bullet and replace it although I am tempted to have them all done black, not 100% sure yet but I'd like to see an OG 5dr with black wheels in the flesh before I decide.

Its about a 3" scrape along the edge of the rim and although its not that bad, I know it's there and my eye is drawn to it every time I walk past it.

Mrs says it will look daft with black wheels and she has a far better sense of style than I do !

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
(This post was last modified: 23-04-2012 07:25pm by tetstb.)
23-04-2012 07:24pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

IMHO, the Mrs could be right........................... black wheels show road dirt very easily too. Buying one wheel will possibly be less than having shadows refurbed - you will also loose the use of the car for the time they are being redone too unless you have a second set of wheels or a 20" spare to fit. WhistleWhistle

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 23-04-2012 07:28pm by XFullFatTim.)
23-04-2012 07:27pm