Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wait is nearly over...
timslim

Wait is nearly over...

Well, the waiting is finally over, due to pick up my Si4 tomorrow, and starting to get a little excited, perhaps tinged with a little apprehension at getting rid of my beautiful Audi - however I know I will not be dissapointed.

Went to the dealers to sign paperwork yesterday, and they had brought it round the front for me, looking fantastic - its a simple Santorini black with ebony interior (only extra a spare wheel!), I had feared it would be too dark inside, but its just right and the cirrus headlining brightens up the cabin. Due to get super-guard applied today (a freebie thrown in - thank you dealer).

I wonder if there is anything I should specifically check during the hand-over - any advice would be greatly appreciated. I will certainly be asking for the emergency procedure to dis-engage the handbrake, raise the gear selector and put it in Neutral.

27 hours and counting....

Dynamic Si4 Santorini Black, with Ebony interior. Collected 24th March Smile
23-03-2012 08:19am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MartinP

RE: Wait is nearly over...

That's great news timslim....and the weather forecast for the weekend is good so you should get some excellent pics to post!

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
23-03-2012 08:26am
timslim

Thanks Martin! Will get some pics and post them next week, that is if I stop driving it long enough to take them Wink

Dynamic Si4 Santorini Black, with Ebony interior. Collected 24th March Smile
23-03-2012 08:34am
broady43

Good luck Timslim,I am only a few days away from picking my car up and I am excited already so you must be really excited.Hope it all goes smoothly for you and they fill your tank up!

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
23-03-2012 09:10am
441kali

Congrats Timslim! I am a couple of weeks from picking up my car as well. I was wondering the same thing as Timslim, if there anything specifically to look for in the handover.
23-03-2012 11:52am
Dimitrios

During the last few months of waiting and reading just about every post on this excellent forum I’ve built quite a large list of questions and things to check. However, now I’m less than 24 hours from collection I have decide to dump the list and just enjoy the car over this sunny weekend! Very Happy

Dynamic SD4, Santorini, Chrome Shadow, Lux Pack, Priv Glass, Red /Black leather & headlining
Collection: 24 Mar 2012 / Ordered: Oct 2011
(This post was last modified: 23-03-2012 01:51pm by Dimitrios.)
23-03-2012 01:45pm
Evo-king

Timslim, enjoy your weekend, plus there is nothing simple about Santorini, it's a metallic black that is £500 less than Barolo or Havana.

Dimitrios, are you really getting Sumatra, I was under the impression it was no longer available?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
23-03-2012 09:44pm
Dimitrios

(23-03-2012 09:44pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Timslim, enjoy your weekend, plus there is nothing simple about Santorini, it's a metallic black that is £500 less than Barolo or Havana.

Dimitrios, are you really getting Sumatra, I was under the impression it was no longer available?

I'll find out tomorrow, well thats if the dealer is honest as I wouldn't know the difference?

Dynamic SD4, Santorini, Chrome Shadow, Lux Pack, Priv Glass, Red /Black leather & headlining
Collection: 24 Mar 2012 / Ordered: Oct 2011
23-03-2012 10:46pm
Evo-king

(23-03-2012 10:46pm)Dimitrios Wrote:  I'll find out tomorrow, well thats if the dealer is honest as I wouldn't know the difference?

As I understand it Sumatra is a flat black, whereas Santorini has a silvery fleck in it.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
23-03-2012 10:53pm
ChuckieB

To ALL collecting cars today........Lovely day for it!

Have fun!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
24-03-2012 09:11am