Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SD Prestige Mauritius Blue manual - arrived
Straydox

After 6 months and one week I've finally taken delivery of my RRE - it is, of course lovely. So much has been written by other happy owners - so instant thoughts having transitioned out of high spec Audi A5 Cabrio, a 2 week rental of a Ford Kuga and a weekend with an FL2.

1) Ride quality is good - slightly firm with a trade off that the handling is quick - hot hatch style

2) It's quiet, having had the Kuga and FL2 - I've acquired a liking for sitting higher up so can see over the door mirrors which do provide a fantastic view rearwards,

3) The 825w Meridian is good - but right now I'd say that it isn't as good as the B&O was in the Audi.

4) The Satnav is surprisingly easy to use - and really quite sophisticated, OK it lacks the 3D terrain rendering of the Audi's 3G MMI - but does list the next 3 junctions/service areas ahead on the motorway (freeway) like the 2G RNS-E Audi system did and was omitted in the 3G version. Entering a postcode/town or streetname appears to have a 1 second lag - it is actually attempting fuzzing logic matching - so hitting the 'List' button early reveals that it has usually guessed correctly.

5) Cameras/Reverse cam appear instantly - no lag or delay, the surround bit seems a bit of novelty right now.

6) The Vibe interior is a actually not black but more a charchoal grey and looks gorgeous, rich, deep and very pleasing to the eye. I did originally order Element.Cirrus and the changed fearful of the implications of looking after a light coloured interior when my primary hobby is outside in all weathers. In the long six month wait I agonised over whether it was going to be too dark - and added a Pano roof - which really makes the interior feel very special indeed - advice (relentless pressure from other members on this board) was a major factor here. The Ebony headliner just completes and unifies the warm visual sensation.

7) The Style4 wheels are very chunky and look right - and should be easy to clean too.

It's filthy now so will be to clean at the weekend and will post images then.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
(This post was last modified: 15-05-2012 08:17pm by Straydox.)
15-05-2012 07:11pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
QUEEVO

Good stuff...!!!

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
15-05-2012 07:16pm
MartinP

RE: SD Prestige Mauritius Blue manual - arrived

Pleased that you have it at last Straydox - and look forward to seeing the pictures.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
15-05-2012 07:50pm
SINGHY

Congratulations straydox and excellent choice of alloys.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
15-05-2012 08:26pm
caroline11000

Congrats Straydox, would love to see some pics of your mauritius blue.

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
15-05-2012 09:06pm
SebM

Congrats !!

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
16-05-2012 01:52pm
peet

Congratulations. Welcome to the exclusive few Smile

Mauritius Blue 5 door Prestige +LUX. Manual SD4. Ambiance interior - Spare
Took Delivery: 23/03/12
Bike: Honda ST1300 Pan European
16-05-2012 04:50pm
Straydox

Thanks all still haven't washed it...and I haven't see another Mauritus Blue RRE either....you are so right Peet!

Noticed today a lot of dust - bodyshop dust on the left rear parcel shelf support (great PDI and clean Guy Salmon, not!) and masking tape at the top of the tailgate aperture adjacent to inside edge of the spoiler - also covering the cables in that area. I therefore suspect there was paint rectification done before it reached me. I can't see exactly where though....

The 825w Meridian is growing on me - it is subtle, detailed sound - I think I may have been a little harsh on the sound quality - it might even be better than the B&O...

Absolutely love the manual gearbox shift - the gate arrangement is VERY close together - in the 1970s Ford used to do short-shift upgrades for the rear-wheel drive RS models - it feels exactly the same and is a pleasure to use.

Camera update - sometimes the reverse camera appears instantly and at other's it's a no show - I think it depends on which screen is in use at the time - but I'm not sure.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
16-05-2012 05:41pm
LDT

Great that you have your car at last Straydox. It seems you waited a very long time to me.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
16-05-2012 07:49pm
Vc

Congrats to you Very Happy. We don't mind dirty pictures lol Rolling Eyes

COLLECTED 20th July Very Happy
Ordered 4th April, built 6th July
Pure SD4 auto, Mauritius Blue fogs, signatures, tailgate, power fold mirrors, electric drivers seat,
cirrus/lunar, auto dim mirror, mats.
16-05-2012 07:59pm