Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vulnerable bumpers etc? Protection?
j7david

Vulnerable bumpers etc? Protection?

I have a Dynamic and would love to take it off-road a bit more -- just wondering what (if any) sensible protection is available for the trim etc? (Kinda wishing I'd bought a Prestige (with Magneride) for better approach angle).

I've seen metal underbody things on eBay -- have no idea if they're good or how important they are (Top Gear made their own version of something like that and then drove too fast and ripped bits of trim off).

If I damage a bumper, any ideas how expensive they are to repair/replace?

Thanks,
Jonathan.

Jan '12 Dynamic SD4 Auto, 19" General Grabber AT, a few options, off to Kenya soon.
27-03-2013 08:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: Vulnerable bumpers etc? Protection?

XFullFatTim will know.

There is a company that make these plates and are currently under evaluation by the LRE Centres and are fitted on their Evoques.

Cost is guesswork, and would depend on the level of damage.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
27-03-2013 09:20pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Vulnerable bumpers etc? Protection?

I've had my Dynamic offroad a couple of times - it is a bit worrying that there is pending doom to the front and rear valances even from a hidden rock but that's the price you pay for the looks! The best advice I can give you is to make your passenger in the front seat get out and act as spotter for you when you get to a tricky bit where you might catch the bumper.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 27-03-2013 11:31pm by XFullFatTim.)
27-03-2013 11:27pm