Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vision Assist Package?
morey000

Vision Assist Package?

I'm new here, and in the process of ordering my new Evoque. Firstly- I can't believe that in order to get some kinda' cool looking LED lights on the front, you need to add this whole Vision Assist Package- $2,250.

Package includes:
- Xenon Headlamps
- Surround Camera System
- Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
- Auto High Beam Assist (AHBA)
- Blind Spot Monitor with Closing Vehicle Sensor

But it looks worth it as I think I want these features. Does this include the adaptive cruise control? Does it automatically brake if you're about to hit something? or just give you warnings? How well does this system work? i.e. do you all like it?

Or does it just give a lot of false alarms and you end up ignoring it or turning it off.

thanks in advance-

morey
Tucson, AZ USA
30-01-2015 02:00am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tcousins

RE: Vision Assist Package?

(30-01-2015 02:00am)morey000 Wrote:  I'm new here, and in the process of ordering my new Evoque. Firstly- I can't believe that in order to get some kinda' cool looking LED lights on the front, you need to add this whole Vision Assist Package- $2,250.

Package includes:
- Xenon Headlamps
- Surround Camera System

But it looks worth it as I think I want these features. Does this include the adaptive cruise control? Does it automatically brake if you're about to hit something? or just give you warnings? How well does this system work? i.e. do you all like it?

Or does it just give a lot of false alarms and you end up ignoring it or turning it off.

thanks in advance-

morey
Tucson, AZ USA

Hi Morey, I have the vision package and I like it a lot. The xenon lights are great and I really like the auto high beams. If you drive mostly in the city, though, the auto high beams will not be as useful. The blind spot monitor is also nice. The only thing I have not found very useful are the surround cameras. I think the camera views are confusing and the one view I really wanted (right in front of the bumper to see the curb)is not one of the views! There is no automatic braking feature included. I think the package is worth the money.

(30-01-2015 02:00am)morey000 Wrote:  I'm new here, and in the process of ordering my new Evoque. Firstly- I can't believe that in order to get some kinda' cool looking LED lights on the front, you need to add this whole Vision Assist Package- $2,250.

Package includes:
- Xenon Headlamps
- Surround Camera System

thanks in advance-

morey
Tucson, AZ USA

Hi Morey, I have the vision package and I like it a lot. The xenon lights are great and I really like the auto high beams. If you drive mostly in the city, though, the auto high beams will not be as useful. The blind spot monitor is also nice. The only thing I have not found very useful are the surround cameras. I think the camera views are confusing and the one view I really wanted (right in front of the bumper to see the curb)is not one of the views! There is no automatic braking feature included and adaptive cruise control is not part of the package. For me, I think the package is worth the money.
(This post was last modified: 30-01-2015 03:48am by Tcousins.)
30-01-2015 03:46am
morey000

(30-01-2015 03:46am)Tcousins Wrote:  Hi Morey, I have the vision package and I like it a lot. The xenon lights are great and I really like the auto high beams. If you drive mostly in the city, though, the auto high beams will not be as useful. The blind spot monitor is also nice. The only thing I have not found very useful are the surround cameras. I think the camera views are confusing and the one view I really wanted (right in front of the bumper to see the curb)is not one of the views! There is no automatic braking feature included. I think the package is worth the money.

Yeah, that's what I thought about the surround cameras. Nissan does it right. they merge the cameras into a composite image that looks like an overhead picture of your car and all the obstacles around it. well done Nissan.

My biggest need is that I back into my garage every day, and it's a narrow space. I currently use a backup camera and my sideview mirrors. But for the evoke, the mirrors may need to be folded in, so I was hoping the cameras would help. Guess I won't quite know until I take home the new vehicle and try it myself. Delivery is 3 months away (ugh).
30-01-2015 04:02am
markdartj

Hello Morey, welcome to the forum. When went looking for which Evoque to purchase (my dealer, Jaguar/Land Rover of Seattle) had about ten on the lot. I had thought coming in that a Pure Plus would satisfy my needs, but my wife asked about blind spot indicators, which led me to the Pure Premium, which included the vision assist package. Am I ever glad I went with that. The only superfluous addition are the surround cameras, which I never use. Other than that, the auto dip beam headlights are great. Also there have been many posts by folk who settled for the halogen headlights rather than the Xenon, and I sense that they regret their decision. Another plus is the killer stereo system which comes with the Pure Premium Package. 17 speaker, 850 watts, and a sub-woofer. Best car I've ever purchased. Good luck, and don't "settle for less".

2014 Fuji White Pure PremiumWink
30-01-2015 09:35am
DVFlyer

Another Pure Premium Vision Assist guy here. Love the lights. Definitely wanted Xenon lights. The auto high beam works great. Like the swiveling headlights and blind spot monitoring. Don't use the cameras but they are a neat feature.

A word on the folding mirrors.... they really don't fold that much. Very Happy I suppose they save a little space but not THAT much.

2014 Zanzibar Pure Premium. Black roof, black wheels, black interior.
30-01-2015 04:14pm