Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Video of the Evoque at Landrover Experience - Dunkeld Scotland
Metebelis

Video of the Evoque at Landrover Experience - Dunkeld Scotland

A couple of weeks ago we went on the 1/2 day Landrover Experience at Dunkeld Scotland. After the usual safety briefing we were asked what we wanted from the day. I wanted to see what the Evoque could do off road so thats what we got using a SD4 Auto.

First a hilly field where the Terrain Response, Hill Descent and Hill Start features were explained and practiced.

Secondly we moved on to a area of tracks that had clearly been well maintained in a poor condition - Video 1

Thirdly we moved into the wood where, set in the Mud and Ruts setting, the Evoque showed how capable it is off road - Video 2

Fourthly after a short drive along the A9 we went on a lenghty off road drive through the Atholl Estate - not a massive challenge for the car but great scenery.

All in all the Evoque performed well, not struggling with any of the terrain - a good day!

Evoque - Pure SD4 manual - White - Panoramic roof - Reversing camera and a few other extras.
18-09-2012 04:23pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Griff449

RE: Video of the Evoque at Landrover Experience - Dunkeld Scotland

Great videos thanks for posting Smile

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
18-09-2012 06:12pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Great videos, not too many signs of the long wet summer we've had there then? Looks like it has almost dried out.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
18-09-2012 06:35pm
Evo-king

+1 on the thanks for posting, I too have video footage from Eastnor but am unable to upload it.

Sometimes when you see these videos it seems a bit tame, it is not though, it shows how capable the car is, so many other road going cars just couldn't do it.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
19-09-2012 12:24pm
Ryo

Thanks a lot for posting these videos.
Great how good the Evoque crawls through.

Did you look what tires they used on the Evoque? Were they All-Season M+S or special off road/AT tires? And what size did they have.
That would be interesting. I would like to know what terrain difficulty you could ride with All-Seasons. I'm impulsive, and so I never plan off road trips. They happen as I drive Wink
20-09-2012 09:43am
David Cameron

Brought back memories of the Dunkeld LRE earlier this year. The offroad was very good, but not testing if you'd already had experience of that sort of driving.
20-09-2012 09:46am
Metebelis

(20-09-2012 09:43am)Ryo Wrote:  Thanks a lot for posting these videos.
Great how good the Evoque crawls through.

Did you look what tires they used on the Evoque? Were they All-Season M+S or special off road/AT tires? And what size did they have.
That would be interesting. I would like to know what terrain difficulty you could ride with All-Seasons. I'm impulsive, and so I never plan off road trips. They happen as I drive Wink

The car was a Prestige SD4 Auto with the 19" style 5 wheels with the 'standard' all terrain tyres, the same that my car has by appearance. The instructor said it was a standard car although I think the bib spoliers may have been removed (I can't be sure).

The instructor indicated that with the exception of terrain that required high ground clearance the Evoque was expected to perform well in all conditions.
(20-09-2012 09:46am)David Cameron Wrote:  Brought back memories of the Dunkeld LRE earlier this year. The offroad was very good, but not testing if you'd already had experience of that sort of driving.

I have driven the old pre Defender LRs (when I was in the Army) so I agree that there was nothing that was a major challenge to the car especially with the terrain response and hill descent control. The important thing for me was that the Evoque was not challenged on the same tracks that the othe LR models are not challenged on.

Evoque - Pure SD4 manual - White - Panoramic roof - Reversing camera and a few other extras.
(This post was last modified: 20-09-2012 03:38pm by Metebelis.)
20-09-2012 03:22pm
David Cameron

There was one gradient in the woods which the instructor said, Evoques could come down, but only Discos could go up.
20-09-2012 05:28pm
Ryo

(20-09-2012 03:22pm)Metebelis Wrote:  The car was a Prestige SD4 Auto with the 19" style 5 wheels with the 'standard' all terrain tyres, the same that my car has by appearance. The instructor said it was a standard car although I think the bib spoliers may have been removed (I can't be sure).

The instructor indicated that with the exception of terrain that required high ground clearance the Evoque was expected to perform well in all conditions.

Thanks again.
I think the 17" pure standard TD4 won't do much worse. I'm good with that. Exactly what I hoped for. Enough for the moderate needs of geocaching Smile
21-09-2012 06:43pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The TD4 should do exactly the same as an Sd4, apparrently the eD4 is almost as good despite only having 2WD

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
21-09-2012 08:06pm