Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 2.8 Average
Vehicle Handover
DDX

Vehicle Handover

As far as im aware, keyless entry still comes with the same fob so you can still un/lock the car by remote from a distance

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
24-09-2011 06:10pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Vehicle Handover

Yes can confirm DDX's reply, all that keyless entry gives you over the standard fob is that if you are within 1m of the car you just have to open the door without pressing any buttons.............. well thats the theory if you have nothing metallic in the pocket that the fob is in! You can also lock the car using it by touching the marking on the door lever

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
24-09-2011 06:52pm
Tekno
Banned

Oh bugger. Kind of wish I had gone for it then.
24-09-2011 08:28pm
Evoqess

I would also recommend wearing foil undergarments if you keep the keyless entry fob in your pants. Surely those wireless signals are constantly bombarding eveything around them and nether region protection is a must Wink

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
26-09-2011 03:45am
Big G

(24-09-2011 12:00pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Not personal experience - The Evoque is the first car I have had with keyless entry but the second I have had with a starter button. For those who haven't had such a system before here are some tips!

1) If you have keyless entry don't put the fob in the same pocket as you have either a mobile phone, other keys or loose change in - I don't understand why (except in the case of the mobile phone) but metal objects in the same pocket seem to mask the transponder signals, I would have thought they might have acted as an antenna rather than an attenuator!

2) With the starter button you cannot set the ignition to the old "position 11" with key started cars so how to make the radio or auxiliaries work without running the engine? Well you press the starter button but don't put your foot on the foot brake of an auto (I assume in the manual it's the clutch) and then press the starter button - the dash board will spring to life and everything will get powered up except the engine. BUT your radio/ TV/HiFi /RSE will in the Evoque will only run for 10 minutes before powering down again.................. this is to preserve the battery, so you are best to start the engine which is expensive on fuel.

Sorry if to some this might seem obvious or in the category of "teaching your granny to suck eggs" but I have received quite a few PMs asking about running kit when the engine isn't running, the keyless entry one had me foxed for a few days as the car wouldn't open unless I used the fob until I found out the situation, and after I had read that section of the owner's manual to find out what I was doing incorrectly after all the idea of the system is that you don't need to aim the transponder at the car to open it, you stand within a metre of the car and just open the door, but it wasn't working.

Ditto with the stop/start technology. We have an Audi with it and quite often the stop/start will start up randomly. Thought this was a fault, but the dealer said it was designed to do that if the radio was on or the A/C was running, to protect the battery from draining (DOH !). Same happened when I took the Evoque for a test drive. Anyway I didn't know this to begin with - so hopefully other eejits like me will get some benefit from this info !!
(This post was last modified: 26-09-2011 12:23pm by Big G.)
26-09-2011 12:19pm
ant

According to Land Rover, the handover of the Evoque from dealer to customer is supposed to take 6 hours!!!!!ShockedShocked
There must be a lot to learn.????Laughing

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
(This post was last modified: 26-09-2011 08:25pm by ant.)
26-09-2011 08:24pm
XFullFatTim

This is a door handle, if you have keyless entry.......................... here is the button to open the boot, there is also one on the tailgate but if you have keyless entry.................. if they leave the engine running all that time so the battery doesn't go flat make sure the tank has some fuel in it for when you want to drive your new toy home!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-09-2011 09:39pm
PhilSkill

(26-09-2011 08:24pm)ant Wrote:  According to Land Rover, the handover of the Evoque from dealer to customer is supposed to take 6 hours!!!!!ShockedShocked
There must be a lot to learn.????Laughing

6 hours Shocked I hope they lay on some food! Laughing

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
26-09-2011 10:08pm
XFullFatTim

Here is a link to the Evoque PDI checklist used at the dealership for those who would like to know what is done
[Image: Evoque%20PDI.pdf]
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/albums/...%20PDI.pdf
It is a printable PDF

(This post was last modified: 27-09-2011 10:06am by XFullFatTim.)
27-09-2011 10:05am
PhilSkill

(27-09-2011 10:05am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Here is a link to the Evoque PDI checklist used at the dealership for those who would like to know what is done
[Image: Evoque%20PDI.pdf]
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/albums/...%20PDI.pdf
It is a printable PDF

Very interesting Tim, not as comprehensive as I might of expected, and notice it doesn't say "check vehicle registration and tax disc"... sorry yts! Laughing

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
27-09-2011 11:28am