Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 2.8 Average
Vehicle Handover
PhilSkill

RE: Vehicle Handover

(16-11-2011 07:56am)mark_n Wrote:  Great summary, thank you.

No prob, I have a vested interest obviously! Cool

I thought I saw somewhere (but have failed to find it), Anyone know what are all the Dealer options they have control over (e.g. folding mirrors?), over and above the "Customer Personalization Record" which is just the Menu setups etc which we can all do ourselves when we wish.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
16-11-2011 09:40pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
QueJumper

Vehicle Handover

Agreed. If anybody knows what options have to be set by the dealer it would be really useful.

Now Sold - Small, clean, fun car mainly for me - Sd4 Dynamic Lux - White/Black roof

Still going strong - Big, dirty, fun car mainly for the wife, kids and dog - Disco 4 - Blue (with lots of mud outside, sweets & litter inside)
16-11-2011 11:56pm
RacingSnake

This one guys? (it was the same one uploaded a while back - so apologies if it was either pulled, or I shouldn't have it! Very Happy )

Edit to remove - wrong one, I think this is what you guys were saying you DO have Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 17-11-2011 10:12am by RacingSnake.)
17-11-2011 10:10am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
QueJumper

Vehicle Handover

What we're looking for is dealer set options only eg on Disco 4 you can ask the dealer to set the DRLs on, on previous cars there were also options for the auto locking doors etc

Does any body know whether the LED signature lights are user config or dealer set?

Now Sold - Small, clean, fun car mainly for me - Sd4 Dynamic Lux - White/Black roof

Still going strong - Big, dirty, fun car mainly for the wife, kids and dog - Disco 4 - Blue (with lots of mud outside, sweets & litter inside)
17-11-2011 11:53am
RacingSnake

Surely the "signature lights" are just the DRL's .... therefore on all of the time? what setting would there be?
(This post was last modified: 17-11-2011 11:58am by RacingSnake.)
17-11-2011 11:57am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
QueJumper

Vehicle Handover

On our Disco 4 you have to ask the dealer to set DRLs on all the time.

We asked them to do it and then found it meant dipped beam was on all the time too! So only way on Disco 4 is to turn LEDs on/off manually withe the standard side lights dial.

Just wanted to know if they've fixed it on Evoque. So is there a physical switch or user menu to turn LEDs on/off or must it be 'hard set' by the dealer?

17-11-2011 01:19pm
mk82

I think the DRL is "hard set", there are countries where you have to drive with DRL. In this case dealer is not allowed to set it off.

PURE 5dr SD4 Auto, Fuji - Almond/Espresso, rear cam, front-pdc, techp., navi, seatheating, xenon package without xenon

STUUUUNNNNNNNIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!! Thud
17-11-2011 01:28pm
griff

You will find that on the Evoque the DRL's are on all the time as they are now EU legislation on new cars guys.
Cheers

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
17-11-2011 03:24pm
QueJumper

Vehicle Handover

Found a post on The AA that does say DRLs are required on cars from Feb 11. We picked up a new Disco 4 in March so I guess it just scraped through being build before. I actually quite like them though and would prefer them on. Revisit dealer planned!

17-11-2011 07:07pm
PhilSkill

I take it the DRL's are the shaped signature lights, not the headlights, having to have the Xenon headlights on always would be legislation gone mad. Unlike Volvo's that have the headlights on always, meaning often changing headlight bulbs, mind you very easy to do!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-11-2011 10:17pm