Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Valet mode tailgate lock
Poke

Valet mode tailgate lock

Hi all.

I can't figure out why the valet mode lock the tailgate.
First of all it's totally useless because you simply need to fold the rear sit to access to the trunk (furthermore better hidden as if the trunk were open)
And secondly it can be boring if you leave your car to a cleaning compagnie. You surely want to lock the info keept in the onboard computer but also need to have a clean trunk Smile

This leads me to the conclusion; is there an option to use the valet mode without the tailgate lock function ?

On Order Since 19 march 2012
Delivered 05 october 2012
Pure 5 Door, Orkney grey with Ebony Interior, Si4, Automatic, Wheel Style 4, Tech Pack, Visibility Pack, Pano Roof, Rear Cam, Powered Tailgate and Power Folding Mirrors.
(This post was last modified: 25-10-2012 02:36pm by Poke.)
25-10-2012 09:13am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Valet mode tailgate lock

I noticed this too when I used it, in my situation it was handy as I was just visiting, but if you had cases etc to get out or be taken to your room it might be a real pain. Never thought I'd need Valet mode so was surprised when I had the chance to use it!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
26-10-2012 12:20am
Poke

RE: Valet mode tailgate lock

I will ask my dealer if there's a way to disconnect the lock.

On Order Since 19 march 2012
Delivered 05 october 2012
Pure 5 Door, Orkney grey with Ebony Interior, Si4, Automatic, Wheel Style 4, Tech Pack, Visibility Pack, Pano Roof, Rear Cam, Powered Tailgate and Power Folding Mirrors.
27-10-2012 10:14am