Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
VVT Camshaft Issue
WilliamSledd

VVT Camshaft Issue

2014 LR Evoque - No warranty.

I was driving and noticed an odd noise coming from engine. Shortly after I got yellow check engine light. No limp/restricted mode. Truck is sluggish when accelerating from a stop, but don’t notice any change when driving at higher speeds.

Trip to the dealership, I got codes

“P0341-00 Camshaft position sensor A circuit range/performance (bank 1 or single sensor) - no sub type information.

P0014-71 Exhaust (B) Camshaft Position Timing - Over-Advanced (Bank 1) Actuator stuck

P052A-00 Cold start intake (A) camshaft position timing over-advanced (bank 1)

P0011-71 Intake (A) Camshaft Position Timing - Over-Advanced (Bank 1)

Actuator stuck perform pinpoint test on camshaft sensor will need to remove valve cover to inspect both cam.”

They cannot tell me what the exact problem is, They have quoted me $2,700 to replace the VVT and $5,400 to replace the VVT, chains and guides.

Does ANYONE have any information or help with this issue? I went to a non LR mechanic and they wanted $1,100 just to tell me what the problem was.

I’m still driving the truck, it randomly has a hard time starting. The only noticeable issue I’m having is the huge drop in performance when accelerating from a stop and the check engine light. When driving on the highway there is no problem really.

ANYONE had this issue? ANY insight would be SO helpful!
03-02-2018 01:15am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply