Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
[VIDEO] How deep can your Evoque go?
Ezandania

[VIDEO] How deep can your Evoque go?

Testing the wading depth. I'm sure certain parts of that stream/river went above the lower door sill, doesnt that make the water seep in?

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
15-12-2011 07:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Acwats

RE: [VIDEO] How deep can your Evoque go?

Chris Harris once took me for a spin (literally) in a GT3 round a car park in Silverstone as part of a drift day I did with Autocar. Looks like he's slowed down a bit but glad he likes the Evoque

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
15-12-2011 08:31pm
paulelescoces

great video, definitely looked higher than the lower sill although I guess they would have mentioned if they had wet feet Smile

Delivered: SD4 Prestige Auto 5 Door, Fuji White with Vibe interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Electric Tailgate, Winter Pack, Adaptive Xenons, Roofrails...
15-12-2011 10:59pm
RacingSnake

The official wading depth is 500mm, so this sits it above the sills anyway Shocked
Approximately in line with the top of the wheel.

Good video though Very Happy
15-12-2011 11:26pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
leveller

I don't know about these things, but isn't it bad when the exhausts go under the water?

5dr Evoque Dynamic Si4, OG. I love her, mostly.
15-12-2011 11:40pm
abcya

I did my Land Rover Experience day last week at Luton. They've made a great banked pond there, so I drove their Evoque along the side of the bank (I.e. tilted to one side) with water sloshing around well up the side of the door. Then drove up the bank to get the car on two wheels. Great stuff! We also drove through a fairly deep ford on a nearby public road (maybe 40-50cm deep).
Also learnt that hill descent control kicks in automatically in muddy ruts mode if on a steep-enough slope. The instructor also demo'ed using the electric parking brake as an emergency stop facility, presumably if the driver passed out or something similar? I haven't had a chance to look in the manual to confirm whether this is correct use of it yet.

Firenze red Dynamic 5-door with Verve interior and pano roof
(This post was last modified: 15-12-2011 11:44pm by abcya.)
15-12-2011 11:43pm
Ezandania

So you guys are saying that even if it reaches the lower door sill, providing the door seals are QA/QC properly, it should be relatively dry inside? We may not have river crossings here in Brunei to try it out (at least not one which is accessible anyway, nor have the pleasure of a LandRover experience day), but we do get the occasional floods.

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
16-12-2011 02:38am
Evoqess

(15-12-2011 08:31pm)Acwats Wrote:  Chris Harris once took me for a spin (literally) in a GT3 round a car park in Silverstone as part of a drift day I did with Autocar. Looks like he's slowed down a bit but glad he likes the Evoque

I subscribe to the electronic version of Evo magazine (for iPad, brilliant!) and I can assure you that Chris hasn't slowed down one bit!! One of my favorite auto commentators - lucky you for having had a spin with him! Thumbs Up

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
16-12-2011 07:25am
LIONHEAD

Thanks for the vid....that's Tommy Kendall on Speed Channel's Test Drive here in the US. He usually have a guest on his show and that's great to see he invited Chris Harris (harrismonkey!) for the Evoque test drive. Anyone in the US (or anyone who has Speed Channel on Cable) wants to see the full test drive of the Evoque, it looks like the first showing will be January 1 at 6:30am.
20-12-2011 06:58pm
rchrdleigh

(15-12-2011 11:43pm)abcya Wrote:  The instructor also demo'ed using the electric parking brake as an emergency stop facility, presumably if the driver passed out or something similar? I haven't had a chance to look in the manual to confirm whether this is correct use of it yet.

It is exactly what it is designed to do - it is an emergency brake as well as parking brake.

Also it's not a problem is the exhaust goes underwater, the only problem is if water gets into the air intake which is why the wading depth is stated as 500mm as the air intake is above that height.
20-12-2011 09:57pm