Poll: Do we buy now?
Yes for Mar 1st.
Wait for the Pure.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Urgent Regular Forum Members Help needed.
Evo-king

Urgent Regular Forum Members Help needed.

We have perpetually changed/refined the spec of our car to the point that we have gone back to a Pure model, with lots of extras, plus something special which I am keeping stum on until the car is built.

Current delivery is June, we might be lucky and get it in May.

Here is the dilemma, we can walk straight in to a dealer/trader now and take delivery of a Red Dynamic Coupe, but no Pano Roof which SWMBO insists on. She has seen the images of the Red Dynamic and is wavering, though not wavering enough as far as I'm concerned.

I haven't worked out the pricing differential but I doubt it is any more than £1500, plus better residuals.

We could be driving it by the weekend. (Oh, no, it will have to be Mar 1st, that's OK though)

Do I bite the bullet and go for it and have a car now, or wait until May/June with our high specced Pure, come on LDT, Ed209, Evoquess, Caroline11000 etc who have bourne the brunt of my sarcasm and frustration, what do I/we do?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
04-02-2012 06:05pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WorldTraveler

RE: Urgent Regular Forum Members Help needed.

(04-02-2012 06:05pm)Evo-king Wrote:  We have perpetually changed/refined the spec of our car to the point that we have gone back to a Pure model, with lots of extras, plus something special which I am keeping stum on until the car is built.

Here is the dilemma, we can walk straight in to a dealer/trader now and take delivery of a Red Dynamic Coupe, but no Pano Roof which SWMBO insists on. She has seen the images of the Red Dynamic and is wavering, though not wavering enough as far as I'm concerned.

I haven't worked out the pricing differential but I doubt it is any more than £1500, plus better residuals.

We could be driving it by the weekend. (Oh, no, it will have to be Mar 1st, that's OK though)

Do I bite the bullet and go for it and have a car now, or wait until May/June with our high specced Pure, come on LDT, Ed209, Evoquess, Caroline11000 etc who have bourne the brunt of my sarcasm and frustration, what do I/we do?

Bit the bullet and go for the car now !!! Any other "promised" delivery dates are exactlly that "promised" ...

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
04-02-2012 06:16pm
xxxx5

I would wait, the pano roof makes the car. Everyone who has been in mine loves it, and comments that is really makes the car stand out.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
04-02-2012 06:24pm
ED209

Wehn i was thinking of backing out, i was told to wait by most members on here. To wait for what i really wanted which i am doing.

I did email a dealer about a used evoque the other day i was considering to get a car now. They helped me decide to wait by totally ignoring my enquiry!
04-02-2012 06:26pm
ceebee

I would wait.......................you would always regret it come June? Particularly as the Pano roof is such a strong feature and could be popular when it comes to resale etc........

If ED's hanging on in there I am sure you can too?

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
04-02-2012 06:31pm
doug

For me the glass roof is a most have. But each to there own Wink

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
04-02-2012 06:35pm
LDT

As hard and tempting as it is, I would wait. Aside from the pano roof, which as xxx5 says really sets off the car, you have been waiting for so long to get exactly what you want, you may end up regretting the change of heart if you go for the Firenze in the medium/long term.

Although I have no clues and eagerly await details of your special touch, no doubt the Dynamic will not have this, and therefore your wait for a unique car to date would have been in vain.

I have no idea of residuals, but would a viable alternative be to take the Dynamic now and trade in or sell privately when your special Pure turns up? If you take a hit of up to say £2,000, which is unlikely, this could give you the best of both worlds.

Let us know what you decide.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
04-02-2012 06:36pm
BMG
Banned

(04-02-2012 06:05pm)Evo-king Wrote:  We have perpetually changed/refined the spec of our car to the point that we have gone back to a Pure model, with lots of extras, plus something special which I am keeping stum on until the car is built.

From my experience in the buying and selling of numerous Evoques, optional extras are extremely important. For resale, unless the car is a basic Pure with a Tech Pack, features such as a Panoramic Roof will be so important. I imagine that at the time of resale a Panoramic Roof will be worth an additional £500.00. Therefore, for only £790.00 in the first place it is money well spent.

For extremely low depreciation, the perfect model and specification is in my opinion (for the home market) going to be a 5-Door Pure Automatic with Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Powered Tailgate. For the foreign market it will be a 5-Door Dynamic with Lux Pack.

So, to answer your question... WAIT! WHY EVER COMPROMISE?
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2012 06:53pm by BMG.)
04-02-2012 06:50pm
ChuckieB

I think you've set your heart on the pano. It was never my cup of tea but it is a really big differentiating feature on the vehicle. Stick with it.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
04-02-2012 07:02pm
Evo-king

Thanks for your input up to now, if I follow the head route and wait, the plus point is that as it is a coupe, maybe a Pano roof is almost essential as opposed to being desirable, looks like we are going to wait. Going have to get another hobby, apart from this forum to pass the time, failing that my dog might have shorter legs by the time the car arrives.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
04-02-2012 07:09pm