Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Uploading CD's (Slow!)
cjfp

RE: Uploading CD's (Slow!)

Just uploaded 2 CD's - 10 mins each

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
02-01-2012 07:48pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Louie

I have up loaded cd's and it's taken about ten minutes each but you can listen to another source such as DAB whilst doing it so what's the aggravation.

Pure SD4 Firenze Red, manual with tech pack, pano roof, auto dimming rear view mirror, xenons & fogs
Delivered Very HappyVery Happy[/font]
03-01-2012 12:44am
cjfp

Also, if u start a cd uploading (say when u go to Tesco), it appears to continue to upload (I am assuming 10min or so) when u have arrived and turned the car off.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
03-01-2012 09:55pm
JiiPee

Is this another market specific thing or a software mess up? i find no way of uploading anything into my Pure!? The manual has a section about uploading cd's but in the text theres only disclaimers about cd formats, Gracenote etc. The cars audio menus have nothing that is even remotely refering to uploading cd's??

Anyone have a clue?

Enjoying enormously: Pure Td4 Automatic, Firenze Red, almond/espresso interior, panorama roof with rails, Pure tech pack, clearview pack & cold weather pack, parking radars front and back + camera.
05-01-2012 10:20pm
vision*R

You need the HDD navigation which also functions as the virtual 10 cd changer.
In EU it's included in the Prestige / Dynamic tech pack but not the Pure tech pack.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
05-01-2012 10:30pm
JiiPee

Ok, thanks Vision!

Enjoying enormously: Pure Td4 Automatic, Firenze Red, almond/espresso interior, panorama roof with rails, Pure tech pack, clearview pack & cold weather pack, parking radars front and back + camera.
05-01-2012 10:44pm
mark_n

(16-12-2011 11:41pm)vision*R Wrote:  Bullocks, downloading a cd with no loss should be A LOT quicker than downloading it and instantly compressing it to MP3 or whatever... (which iTunes can do in +/- 1 minute). It's just reading the exact bits and bytes that are on the cd, no need to do anything with them!

No sure what cows have got to do with this process...

Usual armchair technologist response. iTunes would grind for much longer than 1 minute if it was running on the processor power and cache memory available...

If you don't like the loading time, put the files on a data stick and use that instead...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
06-01-2012 08:59am
vision*R

I agree iTunes might be a lot slower on the Evoque's processor (although I still doubt it - if the Evoque copies in losless format, there should be no compression thus very low processing power required), but in the end that doesn't make the Evoque any quicker, does it? No matter what causes it (cd unit, processor, error correction), it's still deteriorating an otherwise great feature. It's not as slow as reported by the way, I uploaded three cd's yesterday. Each of them was uploaded in 7 to 9 minutes. First report here was 40 minutes.

By the way the whole multimedia thing is slow. Destination suggestions in the satnav are slow, uploading cd's is slow, switching to reverse camera is slow... my armchair technologist reponse was right, the Evoque seems to have an ancient processor and not enough memory, that's the main problem! Enjoying the car very much by the way, but they shouldn't have cut down on responsiveness.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2012 11:54am by vision*R.)
06-01-2012 11:05pm
Donny Dog

How long would it take to upload a DVD (which presumably has much more data)?
17-03-2012 07:27pm