Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Uploading CD's...
HotLap

Uploading CD's...

All, I have been uploading CD's tonight into the CD "Changer" tonight and couple of questions:

1) The center stack gets fairly hot, is this normal?
2) To avoid having to upload an entire CD (when you might only like 3 songs) can you record your own CD "mix" and upload it?

TIASmile

2015 Evoque Prestige in Santorini Black with Ivory/Espresso interior
18-03-2015 02:09am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Uploading CD's...

Hi Hot Lap

1) Never noticed... see 2)
2) Yes you can, but given the ease of USB sticks whilst I've uploaded a couple of CD's I've never played them, always using USB.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
18-03-2015 09:59am
HotLap

Good point PhilSkill, I have streamed Songza through my IPhone and it works pretty well too. I'll have to try the USB as I haven't used those much in the past.

18-03-2015 05:25pm
sorcerer

Hi Hotlap.
Yes, mine gets pretty hot too and so do the cd's.
Think its pretty normal as my other two Evoques did as well.
I did/do have the 825watt Meridian system though, might be common to that system??
18-03-2015 11:12pm
Good shot

(18-03-2015 05:25pm)HotLap Wrote:  Good point PhilSkill, I have streamed Songza through my IPhone and it works pretty well too. I'll have to try the USB as I haven't used those much in the past.

I've got about 30 cd's loaded on to a USB memory stick. Works a treat. Great on shuffle mode.

Last 2013 SD4 Auto, Prestige, Pano, Firenze Red. Loving the USB shuffle.
18-03-2015 11:35pm
fedup

(18-03-2015 02:09am)HotLap Wrote:  All, I have been uploading CD's tonight into the CD "Changer" tonight and couple of questions:

1) The center stack gets fairly hot, is this normal?
2) To avoid having to upload an entire CD (when you might only like 3 songs) can you record your own CD "mix" and upload it?

TIASmile

1) My centre stack gets so hot you can hear the fans trying to cool it down.
2) I think I'm right in saying you can load MP3s onto it. Burn a CD-R on your computer of the tracks you like and then upload them to the HDD. You get more songs that way, too.
22-03-2015 01:45pm
jcarrot

(22-03-2015 01:45pm)fedup Wrote:  1) My centre stack gets so hot you can hear the fans trying to cool it down.
2) I think I'm right in saying you can load MP3s onto it. Burn a CD-R on your computer of the tracks you like and then upload them to the HDD. You get more songs that way, too.

I have not been successful in uploading MP3 Cds onto the HDD but I use Nero Burning ROM 10 which will burn approx 180 tracks in either complete albums or your own playlists or mixture of both onto a CD-R to play in the CD/DVD player.
It will also do the same with a DVD-R giving approx 1000 tracks or 50-60 albums or a mix of your own playlists which the Evoque will happily play for hours.
All the functions are available as for iPods Etc. with Browse, Pause, Fast Forward, Shuffle ans Track info.
Never had a problem with getting too hot even on 8 plus hour journeys back and forth to Scotland.
24-03-2015 02:16pm
HotLap

Wow, great information everyone and thanks for your advice! Much appreciated, seems like I'm going to have to start recording in the USB format.

If you are using an USB and shut off the ignition and leave the USB stick in place, it doesn't keep the car in the "alert" mode or anything like that? I had a 535i that if I left my IPhone plugged in with the car off, it wouldn't go to "sleep" and the battery would drain faster...

24-03-2015 06:06pm