Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Uploaded POIs
Clip

Uploaded POIs

Thanks to all the posts in this forum, I managed to download a heaps of free POIs from an Australian site. All worked, except for the icons. The site gave me the choice of 22x22 or 24x24 pixels. Of course I downloaded the larger 24x24, and of course, they didn't work. The only one I downloaded as 22x22 was macas. So now I do have little golden arches everywhere! So will have to re-download the icons and uploaded them again in the Nav. Best thing is assigning the red light cameras and speed cameras with audible warnings. This works well and is not too sensitive in that it goes off only when I'm about 40 metres from it.

Interesting thing is the unit doesn't actually show you the icon files when you do the upload. You just see the POI files. But it must drag the matching bmp with it. Just means I have to upload the actual POI files again. No biggie and pleased it works so well. This is first car with OEM Nav that I've been be able to do this with, so two thumbs up LR. Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 30-05-2015 12:23am by Clip.)
30-05-2015 12:21am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
coastev

RE: Uploaded POIs

(30-05-2015 12:21am)Clip Wrote:  Thanks to all the posts in this forum, I managed to download a heaps of free POIs from an Australian site. All worked, except for the icons. The site gave me the choice of 22x22 or 24x24 pixels. Of course I downloaded the larger 24x24, and of course, they didn't work. The only one I downloaded as 22x22 was macas. So now I do have little golden arches everywhere! So will have to re-download the icons and uploaded them again in the Nav. Best thing is assigning the red light cameras and speed cameras with audible warnings. This works well and is not too sensitive in that it goes off only when I'm about 40 metres from it.

Interesting thing is the unit doesn't actually show you the icon files when you do the upload. You just see the POI files. But it must drag the matching bmp with it. Just means I have to upload the actual POI files again. No biggie and pleased it works so well. This is first car with OEM Nav that I've been be able to do this with, so two thumbs up LR. Very Happy

Hi any tips where to get those POI's greatly appreciated, its my big gripe with my Evoque, the inbuilt GPS is clunky and my Navman wont work on the windscreen, so any things that give me more functionality appreciated
16-06-2015 11:58pm
Clip

(16-06-2015 11:58pm)coastev Wrote:  Hi any tips where to get those POI's greatly appreciated, its my big gripe with my Evoque, the inbuilt GPS is clunky and my Navman wont work on the windscreen, so any things that give me more functionality appreciated
Sure coastev. I use poidb.com (hope I'm allowed to do that?). They've got heaps of stuff there, a lot of businesses, but also some useful things like camping grounds, attractions etc. and the usual speed camera locations etc.
17-06-2015 08:17am
coastev

(17-06-2015 08:17am)Clip Wrote:  Sure coastev. I use poidb.com (hope I'm allowed to do that?). They've got heaps of stuff there, a lot of businesses, but also some useful things like camping grounds, attractions etc. and the usual speed camera locations etc.

Belated thank you, have loaded speed camera POI's all works, if not an alarming sound first up!! The whole audio/GPS system is still not growing on me, to the point its really frustrating having come out of a German car where things (a) Worked faster and (b) had a more modern interface (in an older car!)
07-08-2015 05:23am
Clip

(07-08-2015 05:23am)coastev Wrote:  Belated thank you, have loaded speed camera POI's all works, if not an alarming sound first up!! The whole audio/GPS system is still not growing on me, to the point its really frustrating having come out of a German car where things (a) Worked faster and (b) had a more modern interface (in an older car!)
Yes, know what you mean. One good thing with RR system is that at least I can upload my own POI. Can't do that in the MB.
08-08-2015 12:24am
kecxxx

(08-08-2015 12:24am)Clip Wrote:  Yes, know what you mean. One good thing with RR system is that at least I can upload my own POI. Can't do that in the MB.

You can easily with an sd card did it on my last 2 MBs
02-09-2016 08:52pm
pda-prof

I have just picked up a new MY17 SE Tech but it looks like LR have deleted the ability to upload POI. No reference in MY17 manual but shows it in MY16 book. Have I missed something or is uploading your own POI a thing of the past?
26-10-2016 10:13pm