Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Unmarked police Evoque
Jonathon555

Unmarked police Evoque

Saw an unmarked police Evoque today in all its glory

The car was a strange colour almost a cross between orkney and mauritious.

I think the nearest would be the bmw blue water colour.

Flashing blue front fogs and flashing blues where the pure led side lights are and in the front grill

The rears also had plenty of flashing blue

It was shifting on the outside lane , don't know what engone it was but it was a pure spec trim

Wonder how long before we see the first marked evoque ?

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
16-07-2012 06:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Unmarked police Evoque

mickydd on here is a fire officer and has blue lights on/in! his Firenze evoque.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
16-07-2012 07:19pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Urban Splash

Police forces are sacking front line officers.......but they drive RRE's.

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
16-07-2012 08:22pm
mickydd

Johnathon,
Was it definitely Police.
As Racing Snake correctly states, the Fire Service were offered a cracking deal on Evoques pre-launch.
I know West Yorkshire have approx 14 and many other Fire Authorities also placed orders.

It is a brilliant vehicle for my job, performed excellent in the recent floods, can't wait for the snow.

Arrived 24th February. Dynamic 5 dr SD4, manual ,Firenze with Verve interior, 20" Sparkle
16-07-2012 08:26pm
Urban Splash

Pretty contentious issue though. It's public money. Would a cheaper Freelander not do the same job, but prevent my fire authority contributions going up more than any other rate every year....

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
16-07-2012 08:34pm
Jonathon555

(16-07-2012 08:26pm)mickydd Wrote:  Johnathon,
Was it definitely Police.
As Racing Snake correctly states, the Fire Service were offered a cracking deal on Evoques pre-launch.
I know West Yorkshire have approx 14 and many other Fire Authorities also placed orders.

It is a brilliant vehicle for my job, performed excellent in the recent floods, can't wait for the snow.

It was about 150 mtrs behind a marked volvo travNelling at the same high speed.

It deffo had the fogs flashing blue and day runners flashing blue, the rear light cluster also flehed blue

It also appeared to have roof bars or a light bar on the top

It was near leeming bar on the a1 m

May be bomb disposal or anti terror, i do t know

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
16-07-2012 08:36pm
ED209

Probably a senior officers company car.

Unlikely to be a normal patrol vehicle. The argument of cost of police vehicles has been done a million times on the internet. Remember police forces dont pay what the public do for vehicles, they are usually very heavily discounted, running costs and residuals also come into play. Having blie lights fitted also has erm tax benefits.

Our chief has a full fat RR as her company car and she was challenged about it at a staff meeting recently, to be honest she did a fairly good job of arguing a business case for it.

Also with the big sports day/waste of money around the corner it might have been and army vehicle, special forces usually float around in range rovers, an evoque is probably a bit small for 4 blokes and loads of guns but its a possibility.
(16-07-2012 08:22pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  Police forces are sacking front line officers.......but they drive RRE's.

You are slightly misinformed, police officers cannot be made redundant, they can be sacked but only for disciplinary reasons or for extremely poor performance.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
(This post was last modified: 16-07-2012 08:48pm by ED209.)
16-07-2012 08:45pm
Jonathon555

Wonder why it was an odd blue colour ? Unless they got one of the test mules cheap

16-07-2012 08:50pm
mickydd

As you say Ed. this argument has been done a thousand times. I pay for the Evoque, or at least I pay the difference between the cost of a base vehicle and my choice of vehicle
However, JLR did provide incentives. And I'm smiling every time I jump behind the wheel.
So thanks JLR.

Arrived 24th February. Dynamic 5 dr SD4, manual ,Firenze with Verve interior, 20" Sparkle
16-07-2012 08:50pm
Urban Splash

Oh I didn't realise. Apologies.

Fair comment re front line police. Natural wastage will loose numbers though.

16-07-2012 09:02pm