Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Aftermarket Headlights? LED accent strip
RREHAGS

Getting my used Evoque Pure Plus in one week and current owner has installed aftermarket headlights. Originally had Projection Halogen and swapped out to Xenon bulbs which look fantastic. Also there is an LED strip that runs around the outside of headlight casing. Anyone seen this before. Trying to find out where he bought them. See picture. What I really want to know is if I can buy aftermarket LED DRLs that give it the mean eyebrow look.

Thanks

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

29-09-2012 06:15pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Aftermarket Headlights? LED accent strip

You probably can if you can get a car modifier to do it. They need to bake the head light units in an oven to get them apart though!
I had similar LED "accents" done to my TDv8 RR Sport - required quite a lot of work as the waterpoof seal had to be broken and then remade. I never had any problems with condensation and when I sold the car I removed the two units and fitted two un-molested units, the units with LEDs I sold to a friend who has a LHD UK spec car and needed a set of RHD dipping lamp units. The units I had were supplied/ modified by Hawke. A lot of people who also got them done had problems with the odd LED failing and them the conversion looked cheap/ odd, fotunately in the 3 years of my ownership none of the LEDs failed.
[Image: DSCF2339.JPG]
[Image: DSCF2340.JPG]

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 29-09-2012 07:02pm by XFullFatTim.)
29-09-2012 06:52pm
WB
WB

Interesting! That's the first one I've seen thats had its headlights modified. I was thinking of recreating the signature DRLs using a similar method as mine has halogens but havent had the time to look at it properly and now have another evoque arriving November with xenons this time.
30-09-2012 10:35am
XFullFatTim

All the car modifying companies can do the job - Kahn, Revere, Hawke and the likes. Mine were done on a temporary exchange basis - Hawke loaned me a spare for a week while their man did the job. One thing I was told was that it isn't a job to try at home and they were very very careful to ensure that they had both sets of keys in their hands and the engine was switched off and systems electrically run down before they touched the lamp units - apparently you can get a huge shock from them if you don't do this!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 30-09-2012 10:54am by XFullFatTim.)
30-09-2012 10:53am
RREHAGS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2012 02:54am by RREHAGS.)
30-09-2012 05:38pm
RREHAGS

Clearer pic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

30-09-2012 09:25pm
dan

(30-09-2012 10:53am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  All the car modifying companies can do the job - Kahn, Revere, Hawke and the likes. Mine were done on a temporary exchange basis - Hawke loaned me a spare for a week while their man did the job. One thing I was told was that it isn't a job to try at home and they were very very careful to ensure that they had both sets of keys in their hands and the engine was switched off and systems electrically run down before they touched the lamp units - apparently you can get a huge shock from them if you don't do this!

I too got mine done by a modifying company, they did a really good job, it looks really good.
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2012 07:03pm by XFullFatTim.)
08-10-2012 03:06pm
WB
WB

(08-10-2012 03:06pm)dan Wrote:  I too got mine done by a modifying company, they did a really good job, it looks really good.

Any pics?
08-10-2012 04:43pm
XFullFatTim

Dan your link has no automobile applications - appears to be a spam so I have taken down the link. Kindly read the rules on commercial advertising

08-10-2012 07:05pm