Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Unable to open Evoque doors
Captain68

Unable to open Evoque doors

Hi everybody.

From what I have seen I believe this subject has been discussed before, what I am interested in is to know whether this problem has been resolved by Land Rover or not and what they have said to you about this issue.

The problem I have been experiencing is unable to open a door when unlocking the vehicle from either the keyless entry system or the fob. For me it doesn't matter which door this can occur on any door. This problem started a few months ago so not during the winter season. Sometimes the door has to be opened from the inside but this is on the basis that I can open a door in the first instance.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has had this problem and whether this has been fixed by Land Rover and if so what did they do to resolve the problem. Also, if your car is out of warranty did you have to pay for the repair or a percentage of the repair costs.

By the way my car is an Evoque Prestige 2.2SD 2012.

Many thanks in advance for any information you supply and help you can provide me on this matter.
02-08-2016 12:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Good shot

RE: Unable to open Evoque doors

(02-08-2016 12:27pm)Captain68 Wrote:  Hi everybody.

From what I have seen I believe this subject has been discussed before, what I am interested in is to know whether this problem has been resolved by Land Rover or not and what they have said to you about this issue.

The problem I have been experiencing is unable to open a door when unlocking the vehicle from either the keyless entry system or the fob. For me it doesn't matter which door this can occur on any door. This problem started a few months ago so not during the winter season. Sometimes the door has to be opened from the inside but this is on the basis that I can open a door in the first instance.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has had this problem and whether this has been fixed by Land Rover and if so what did they do to resolve the problem. Also, if your car is out of warranty did you have to pay for the repair or a percentage of the repair costs.

By the way my car is an Evoque Prestige 2.2SD 2012.

Many thanks in advance for any information you supply and help you can provide me on this matter.
Mine is a 2013 and one f the fob batteries just ran out. Could be something as simple as that? Assume you can always open the door manually with the key?

Last 2013 SD4 Auto, Prestige, Pano, Firenze Red. Loving the USB shuffle.
02-08-2016 01:37pm
Captain68

Hi, changed the batteries not so long a long so unless I have duff batteries I don't think it's that unfortunately. Locking the car now appears to be an issue. Took the wife 7 goes either using the fob or keyless entry to lock it.
02-08-2016 01:42pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

These keyless systems are very sensitive to the correct batteries being used in the fob, don't buy any old CR whatever it is battery, go to your Land Rover dealer and buy the OEM battery (at least if it doesn't work you can take them back!). In the best LR tradition it seems that you cannot just go out to Tesco and buy any old cheapo battery, you need to buy the OEM batteries that are also fully charged. There have also been issues with the modules in the car for these systems and a lot of Sports have been having issues not just with the fob battery but also with the KVM module that controls keyless entry. Out of interest do you know if your car has had the latest security update done at the last service or recently? If so and you are using a third key fob or a replacement bought over the Internet then the security update means the car will only recognize the two fobs (and will not even permit a third one to be registered unless one of the originals is deleted from the memory by a dealership) originally supplied to prevent fob cloning by car thieves.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
03-08-2016 04:35pm
Good shot

(03-08-2016 04:35pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  These keyless systems are very sensitive to the correct batteries being used in the fob, don't buy any old CR whatever it is battery, go to your Land Rover dealer and buy the OEM battery (at least if it doesn't work you can take them back!). In the best LR tradition it seems that you cannot just go out to Tesco and buy any old cheapo battery, you need to buy the OEM batteries that are also fully charged. There have also been issues with the modules in the car for these systems and a lot of Sports have been having issues not just with the fob battery but also with the KVM module that controls keyless entry. Out of interest do you know if your car has had the latest security update done at the last service or recently? If so and you are using a third key fob or a replacement bought over the Internet then the security update means the car will only recognize the two fobs (and will not even permit a third one to be registered unless one of the originals is deleted from the memory by a dealership) originally supplied to prevent fob cloning by car thieves.

Buy a new battery for the fob - I must have generous dealers - they just replaced one foc charge when I took the car in for something else.

Last 2013 SD4 Auto, Prestige, Pano, Firenze Red. Loving the USB shuffle.
03-08-2016 06:40pm