Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
USB suddenly disconnecting while Playing
smayo

RE: USB suddenly disconnecting while Playing

Well that seems to blow my theory out of the water, with the working stick being a bit slower than the non-working stick.
One potential cause illiminated though.

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
31-03-2012 08:39am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
3V0QU3

Have been doing some testing with number of files, reformatting etc. The problem relates to the memory stick, not the number of files/folders. Reformatting does not fix it.
I have a really old stick the works and a couple of newer ones that don't. Can anyone recommend a 32gb stick that works.

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige Lux + AD + Black Roof Lining + Heated Steering Wheel
Arrived 27/03/12
Very Happy
02-04-2012 06:55pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I wonder if this could be a memory stick capacity problem. I have a 32GB card in my digital camera, it will only transfer files to my laptop/PC using the firewire to download, if I use a card reader, either remote or the one built into the laptop/PC or printer it will not read it. If I use a really old small capacity memory card with up to 10mb capacity it will work with either the firewire or the card readers.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2012 07:38pm by XFullFatTim.)
02-04-2012 07:36pm
3V0QU3

I have been testing memory sticks in the Evoque and it appears that some makes/models of stick just don't work. It has nothing to do with the number of tracks or how they are stored (as long as it is formatted FAT or FAT32), just that some sticks work and others don't.

Unfortunately, both of the sticks i have that work are quite old and don't appear to be available anymore, but I have several HP V165w 32gb sticks and these do not work. Perhaps if anyone has a current memory stick they know works they can post the make and model for others if anyone want to buy one and know it will work.

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige Lux + AD + Black Roof Lining + Heated Steering Wheel
Arrived 27/03/12
Very Happy
06-04-2012 04:24pm
pugracer

This what I'm using: EagleTec Nano Drive http://usb.brando.com/eagletec-usb-nano-...41d15.html

[Image: 116845.png]
Range Rover Evoque - Pure, 5-Door, Si4, Auto, Fuji White/Cirrus
Lotus Elise
Peugeot 206 GTi
06-04-2012 04:30pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Should we start a stickied list of memory sticks and micro-drives that do/don't work?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
06-04-2012 04:31pm
PhilSkill

I cleared down and put just 4 albums under 1 band on my SAN Disk Cruzer and it had been playing fine for about an hour until it suddenly locked up again with the track playing just frozen at a given time, couldn't use [Browse] but could access [Settings]. Had thought it was better performance than when it was full with 28GB of my complete collection until then... but still gives no idea why this stick is unhappy, or whether it's my Evoque or MP3 format or bitrate etc etc.

After the obligatory switch off and on the music started playing from the beginning of the track it locked up on, but crashed again at the end of that track.

Rather than reset I pulled the stick out and re-inserted and it started playing from the beginning of the next track.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2012 08:58pm by PhilSkill.)
11-04-2012 04:18pm
arthur

(20-02-2012 03:17pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Anyone been listening to music over the USB and then suddenly had "Please Connect Device..." come up? sometimes that's it you have to pull the USB out, other times it changes to "Connecting Device..." and reconnects after a minute and starts playing where it left off.

I've got exactly the same problem. Pretty sure there's a USB plug badly connected underneath. By the end of October the service needs to be done, so will ask.Confused
I'll let you know ASAP
03-10-2013 06:15pm
PhilSkill

(03-10-2013 06:15pm)arthur Wrote:  I've got exactly the same problem. Pretty sure there's a USB plug badly connected underneath. By the end of October the service needs to be done, so will ask.Confused
I'll let you know ASAP

I've stuck to a few USB sticks that work and never had the problem again no matter what I put on them, so I think it's something to do with the USB timing/stick speed/error recovery.

If your dealer finds something please be sure to let us know!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 10:05pm by PhilSkill.)
03-10-2013 10:04pm
arthur

The car as been serviced at JLR Aix en Provence. They told me nothing wrong was found with the USB system. I still use the same memory stick and the problem seems to desapear slowly. When I bought the car in September it used to disconnect up to 10 times per hour but now it's mostly once a week without changing anything. It makes no sense to me.

Si4 Dynamic 5 Door Orkney Grey with Santorini Contrast roof
Citroen CX GTi Turbo
Citroen DS3 VTi
22-11-2013 09:35am