Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
USB stick function question.
Evo-king

USB stick function question.

I think I know the answer but I'll pose the question anyhow.

When my ipod is connected I can ask for shuffle play and it will shuffle play all tracks in the library.

With the USB stick in and selected, if I opt for shuffle, it only does this within the folder selected, i.e. a single album. Is this the only option or will it shuffle all folders?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
20-07-2012 07:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DiscoDad

RE: USB stick function question.

No, you can shuffle the folder or shuffle all.

Ordered 3-4-2012 - Build date 27-6-2012 - Delivery expected 9-7-2012 - Actual delivery 29-6-2012
SD4 Auto Dynamic, Orkney Grey with black pano roof, style 7 wheels, lux pack, verve interior, ebony headlining, privacy glass, adaptive xenons, heated steering wheel, load retension system.
20-07-2012 08:31pm
cjfp

... Just click shuffle twice

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
20-07-2012 09:42pm
PhilSkill

I'm not a shuffle sort of a guy Very Happy but you learn something everyday!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
20-07-2012 10:29pm
Evo-king

Thanks for that, I also took time out to read the owners manual which says the same.

It works perfectly, time for the soft shoe shuffle now.LaughingLaughing

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
21-07-2012 03:04pm
PhilSkill

Spent a lot of time in Evo today and noticed a few volume changes when going album to next album, surely shuffle across albums will really show volume changes? Maybe I need to re-record some CDs with volume levelling?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
22-07-2012 12:30am
Evo-king

The same happens when using my ipod, I've contemplated rerecording the albums/tracks into my library, but then I'd have to get all of the CDs back out of storage.

I didn't think you would get this issue with CD's, but I know some of these were definitely CDs, I do have some poorer quality recordings where I converted vinyl to mp3.

22-07-2012 09:30am
Sensorian

The volume level issue is not so much to do with the source of the recording and is more to do with how music is produced now rather than in the past. The current vogue in music production is to fill the spectrum of sound by pushing all the levels up. Its like an audio arms race! Drives me mad. Lots of artists are being remastered and in many cases the originals sound better.

So the problem comes when you listen to different artists or albums and you are hearing the difference in how the CD or worse MP3 was mastered.

The problem can be solved by effectively remastering using software to smooth the levels as PhilSkill suggests but it can be a time consuming process....

Dynamic Barolo Black, Black interior, Panoramic roof, plus pack, style 6 wheels, Meridian upgrade
22-07-2012 05:09pm