Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
USB Audio
Kentboy

USB Audio

When I first Installed the 32gig memory stick it worked fine but recently after restarting the car it searches for the device for a very long time. Once it's found it everything is ok but every time I restart the car it seems to take forever to get to the music.

Anyone else had similar?

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
21-09-2012 08:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Straydox

RE: USB Audio

Yup - there is a direct correlation between the size of the storage device and the re-start time. So 4GB is instantly on, 8GB almost instant and 16GB is a second or two - 32GB can take a minute sometimes a lot more, 60GB even longer and can cut out intermittently during play.

I suspect that audio system loads the index data everytime it starts and periodically re-checks the indicies which is just pants and poor coding or hardware design. I've checked with the dealer and there are no s/w updates. Audi cracked this years ago!

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
(This post was last modified: 21-09-2012 10:13pm by Straydox.)
21-09-2012 10:12pm
cjfp

(21-09-2012 10:12pm)Straydox Wrote:  Yup - there is a direct correlation between the size of the storage device and the re-start time. So 4GB is instantly on, 8GB almost instant and 16GB is a second or two - 32GB can take a minute sometimes a lot more, 60GB even longer and can cut out intermittently during play.

I suspect that audio system loads the index data everytime it starts and periodically re-checks the indicies which is just pants and poor coding or hardware design. I've checked with the dealer and there are no s/w updates. Audi cracked this years ago!

I think the correlation is the amount of data on the stick not the size of the stick. Ie my 32gb with 2gb of music loads instantly, but with 25gb of music it takes up to a minute - there is info on this wrapped up in this thread

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-List-of-M...USB-socket

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
21-09-2012 11:35pm
Barton Evoque

I have a 32 gb stick and it's full.it loads in about 10 seconds.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
22-09-2012 05:59am
cjfp

(22-09-2012 05:59am)Barton Evoque Wrote:  I have a 32 gb stick and it's full.it loads in about 10 seconds.

Can you confirm stick make model - thx

Can we expand this so people post make, model, size, data amount, AUS (allocation unit size) and time to load.

One thought - I have just copied all my music across from my pc - are there any file types that the Evoque won't play (or just doesnt like ie jpg file of album cover?) and maybe whilst doing its initial 'scan' these file types might cause it to take a bit longer?
DRM locked material?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 22-09-2012 08:38am by cjfp.)
22-09-2012 07:47am
Barton Evoque

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/USB-Flash-Driv...rive---Red
Just ordered this bigger one off ebay as well to try.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/64GB-USB-Black...43b3358e9a

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
(This post was last modified: 22-09-2012 08:24am by Barton Evoque.)
22-09-2012 08:08am
cjfp

Have just removed 1500 jpg, a wad of ini and a m3u file ..... no difference.

Stick just has mp3 and wma files on. Some are DRM locked so i need to check these out now.

22-09-2012 08:36am